Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What age for these shoes?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:02 pm
What is the oldest age you'd put these shoes on a girl and not have them be considered "too babyish"?

https://www.amazon.com/Primigi.....psc=1

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:05 pm
6-7 years?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:24 pm
My 6 year old would happily wear them. She’s my oldest but I wore patent leather Mary Janes for quite a number of years past 6 (and I tend to have classic rather than trendy taste)

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:28 pm
First possibly second grade not older

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:31 pm
Where do you live? In Lakewood, I would not put on past 4-5.
It's not so up to date and I think a girl 6 or older would feel uncomfortable that shoes are diff than her friends.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:41 pm
That's what I was afraid of Sad she is older than 6.
I'm not in town, but I still don't want her to feel strange.
I am having such a hard time finding her shoes. She has crazy narrow feet and I am not exaggerating, from the probably 30 pairs we have tried on, these are the first pair that has stayed on her feet Banging head

pause

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:44 pm
I wouldn't buy such shoes for my DD regardless of age.

I'm assuming you're looking for Shabbos shoes? You can find way cheaper and more in style than these.

ETA: I just read your last post about her narrow fit. For my DD with narrow feet, the only style that works is buckled T-straps and I sometimes have to punch additional holes for a tight enough closure.

Last edited by pause on Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 7:45 pm
What about a tie show or another Mary Jane. There are those that can pass as cute. These not as much....that said if she’s good and you’re good then who cares

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:04 pm
Can someone please post a picture of something current? I'm so curious how these pretty standard, non remarkable black shabbos shoes are so dated and out of style that they wouldn't work for anything over a 4-5 year old. I truly don't mean this in a snarky way, I'm just shocked at how out I am!

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:09 pm
My daughter is also really narrow. I got her patent leather nude ballet style lace ups. They stay on well.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:09 pm
I think they are stunning and primigi is a very good prand, I buy almost al my kids' shoes from this company. that being said, they are usually known for wider shoestyles, but maybe this mary jane is cut narrow.

im also curious whats in style now enlighten me (I dont go with fashion and have a rather classic/timeless style)

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:10 pm
https://www.instagram.com/14thaveshoes/?hl=en

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:11 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I think they are stunning and primigi is a very good prand, I buy almost al my kids' shoes from this company. that being said, they are usually known for wider shoestyles, but maybe this mary jane is cut narrow.

im also curious whats in style now enlighten me (I dont go with fashion and have a rather classic/timeless style)

My 6 year old has narrow feet and just outgrew a pair of primigi sneakers that fit her great!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:12 pm
mfb wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/14thaveshoes/?hl=en

I don't know how to link specific pics from this ig, but there are two posts with shoes pretty similar to the ones OP posted. I really don't get it.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:23 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I don't know how to link specific pics from this ig, but there are two posts with shoes pretty similar to the ones OP posted. I really don't get it.
It’s because it has to be a very specific style of Mary Jane. I’ve given up on Mary Janes because they only pass muster if you buy in a frum store.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:33 pm
3rd grade.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 8:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's what I was afraid of Sad she is older than 6.
I'm not in town, but I still don't want her to feel strange.
I am having such a hard time finding her shoes. She has crazy narrow feet and I am not exaggerating, from the probably 30 pairs we have tried on, these are the first pair that has stayed on her feet Banging head

Why can't she decide if she likes them and wants to wear them?

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 9:28 pm
If you want to see current shoes, check out Perroquet's website.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 9:30 pm
My 13yo would probably wear them, but we're OOT and neither she nor I are particularly fashion-conscious.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 9:51 pm
Quote:
Why can't she decide if she likes them and wants to wear them?

She brought up that she thinks they're babyish, but on the other hand they actually FIT her and she said they're so comfortable. So she's very torn.
I didn't want to push her to keep them if they're not age appropriate - which it seems they're not
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics