Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How do I contact Slovie Jungreis Wolff? Intermarriage help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 8:02 am
A close male relative of mine is engaged to a non Jewish woman. I don’t know what to do and I think Rebbetzin Jungreis Wolff might be able to give guidance, given her and her family’s outreach and wonderful work. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with her? Thank you!

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 8:18 am
According this this website (https://www.aish.com/authors/48869087.html), her email address is sloviehineni@gmail.com

I do wonder what can be done if they are already engaged. Seems like it may be a little late to try and talk him out of it once he has made that commitment. Good luck!

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 8:32 am
DrMom wrote:
According this this website (https://www.aish.com/authors/48869087.html), her email address is sloviehineni@gmail.com

I do wonder what can be done if they are already engaged. Seems like it may be a little late to try and talk him out of it once he has made that commitment. Good luck!

Probably still plenty... non-Jews tend to take the concept of engagement a lot less seriously than we do (think getting engaged and waiting 2 years to get married)

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Probably still plenty... non-Jews tend to take the concept of engagement a lot less seriously than we do (think getting engaged and waiting 2 years to get married)

Sorry, I don't want to derail the thread but just gotta jump in here - waiting 2 years to get married doesn't mean they're "a lot less serious" about it. In the secular world it typically takes about a year to plan a wedding, rather than frum venues that are used to pulling things together in a few weeks. There's not the same urgency about having to be shomer negiah for so long. My husband and I got married about 1.5 years after getting engaged and I assure you we were pretty serious about the relationship Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 9:11 am
DrMom wrote:

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics