Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
High blood pressure following vaccine

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:25 am
Okay medically knowledgable imas, I need your help. My blood pressure normally runs about 118/78. I recently had it checked at doctor appointments in recent weeks and it was as usual.

On Friday, I was. given the first round of the Pfizer Covid vaccine. I was sitting in the observation room saying my children's daily Tehillims, and when I got about halfway through the fourth kapitel, I started feeling lightheaded and nauseous. They checked my blood pressure and it was high (150/110). It stayed high a while, but when the bottom number finally dipped into the 90's, they said I could go home.

I bought an Omron blood pressure monitor and have been monitoring my blood pressure at home. My readings range from 130/100 to 150/105 (my most recent). I tested it on my daughter to see if the machine was wrong, but it gave her a normal reading. I have a light headache and am tired, but otherwise feel okay.

I have an appointment with my primary doctor tomorrow to check on this. I like to arm myself with as much information as I can before seeing the doctor. There are so many smart and knowledgable imas here, so I am hoping someone may have insight into what is going on? TIA

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:26 am
It is a side effect then. Hopefully it will go back to normal.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:13 am
I mentioned this on another thread. my neighbor had crazy heart fluctuations after taking the vaccine. he needed an emergency stent put in. in the jerusalem hospital he was treated in, the nurses told him the number of cardiac patients has quadrupled since the vaccine.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 6:04 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I mentioned this on another thread. my neighbor had crazy heart fluctuations after taking the vaccine. he needed an emergency stent put in. in the jerusalem hospital he was treated in, the nurses told him the number of cardiac patients has quadrupled since the vaccine.

Nobody gets a stent put in for “heart fluctuations” they are for blockages that usually take years to develop. If the blood vessel supplied the hearts natural pace maker than maybe the story makes sense. More likely Your neighbor was having a heart attack and the heart attack caused arrhythmias.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 6:09 pm
Op infections and immune responses cause vasodilation meaning lowering of blood pressure most people in the icu Are on medication to elevate their blood pressure. You likely have hypertension. What’s your age, weight ( big factor) , fam history ?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 7:12 pm
A relative of mine has had extremely high blood pressure since taking the second vaccine (Pfizer). He is now on medication to lower it.

eli7

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 2:21 am
My husband also had this. He has high bp normally and takes medicine for it, but it became out of control after the first shot even with the regular medicine. Eventually it reached almost 180/120 and they added another, stronger pill. With both, it has started to come down but it's taking a long time (first shot was weeks ago; his bp started going up about two weeks later). The family doctor and the nurse in the after-hours clinic both said they've seen others with this. Wishing you and everyone who needs it a refuah shleima!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics