Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Pesach Drop-Off Birthday Treat for One

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 10:51 am
Hello! An older community member has a birthday during Pesach, lives alone and is social distancing. I'm drawing a blank on what to drop off to celebrate, cake obviously doesn't work this year... Any ideas on single-serving or small-batch celebration Pesach desserts? We've a small household and can't finish the rest of big batch extras either... Thanks!

singleagain

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 11:09 am
Well what does the person like?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 11:18 am
probably nothing too exotic. not too fussy older gentleman who will generally just be super touched he was thought of. this kind of makes it harder, I know!

singleagain

Post Fri, Feb 26 2021, 11:35 am
Well my birthday always falls out around Pesach. Personally I live my moms mandel bread. Or sponge cake. But there's tons of great Pesach candies. Just go to your local pesach section and put together some nice candies or nuts, in a nice mug.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 12:52 pm
My sisters birthday is during Pesach, and she normally had meringue for her birthday cake. You could make a plain meringue or layer it with lemon curd or chocolate spread, or make it a nest and fill it with berries or compote. (If you do this, you need to fill it at the last minute before giving g it to him, or they go soggy.)

Meringues aren't filling, and even a small family should be able to manage whatever is left over.

voiceofreason

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 4:49 pm
Does chocolate count as a birthday gift? Should conform to most people's pesach requirements. Doesn't go bad, so even though he lives alone he can enjoy it over time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:51 pm
came upon "birthday cake" macaroons, which actually worked perfectly - he'd mentioned a family story about macaroons and not making any due to not having enough eaters. 🤗 it was so great to see how excited he was even before he opened the gift bag! 🥰
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics