Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is behavior change natural or something else?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 9:29 pm
Baby (4.5 mos) has a new shriek-like kvetch and has been more kvetchy. There have also been new behaviors that I'm not sure if normal age development or means something else.

The main obvious one is: dc gets distracted while breastfeeding and pulls off momentarily (she's done this previously). Only now, when she pulls off, dc then shrieks/protests bc she wants more. So I try to help her find the breast but she just screams more. I realized the only way to get her back on is to take her off completely and put her back. Whereas in the past she would know when she turned away that my breast is still there. (could something else be bothering her? She doesn't cry while feeding. Only after pulling off.)

Dc generally kvetches/shrieks more. Like if a toy rolls out of reach, but I think this is normal developmental upset? Dc looks like she wants to crawl sometimes but can't. Could some of the shrieking be from that? Since the whole shrieking skill is new, can some of it just be practicing shrieking? (Thankfully it's not a total shriek. More like a high pitched scream.) Dc nearly always stops when I pick her up.

Poor DH. Dc has been way more clingy to me and has not been the kindest to DH. When DH holds out his hands, dc decidedly turns head the other way. If I pass while dh is holding dc, dc holds out hands to me and cries if I don't take her.

Anyway this is all a pattern of overall kvetchiness. Dc also has many happy moments during the day, just seems to be generally more kvetchy. Is this all just normal development at this stage? What's the deal with the nursing thing?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 9:38 pm
Your post is a bit hard to
Understand with the multiple DC and then ‘they’

Is it multiple children? Are you comparing your child to another child? Or do you use they instead of a gender assignment? I read it 2x and it’s hard to understand

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 9:46 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Your post is a bit hard to
Understand with the multiple DC and then ‘they’

Is it multiple children? Are you comparing your child to another child? Or do you use they instead of a gender assignment? I read it 2x and it’s hard to understand

Sorry, I was trying to hide gender for extra anonymity but I guess it's anonymous either way. I've edited it now but thanks for trying to read twice when it was confusing.

GLUE

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 3:33 am
If this behavior is new did you take child to DR. to rule out an ear infection or other illness?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:41 am
GLUE wrote:
If this behavior is new did you take child to DR. to rule out an ear infection or other illness?

I haven't taken child to doctor. Am I supposed to take just because she's been kvetchier generally? What would normal ear infection symptoms be? She doesn't have a fever, runny nose or anything else like that.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:43 am
My babies start teething hard and heavy at this age (which makes them whiny) Is your baby teething yet?

GLUE

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 1:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I haven't taken child to doctor. Am I supposed to take just because she's been kvetchier generally? What would normal ear infection symptoms be? She doesn't have a fever, runny nose or anything else like that.

Sometimes the only symptom is your child is very kvetchy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
My babies start teething hard and heavy at this age (which makes them whiny) Is your baby teething yet?

I'm starting to suspect this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics