Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What did you end up doing today?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 12:11 am
I know that it was super hard to find something open today and just wondering what everyone ended up doing.(NY/NJ/PA/CT/DE/VT/VA/NH/RI/MA/MD)

MrsEsther

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 12:11 am
Friends field

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 12:54 am
A nice easy hike in a beautiful suburban nature reserve, followed by a trip to the bookstore.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 1:10 am
We went to a place called Laser Bounce, they have locations in Queens and Long Island. I chose this place because you can make a timed reservation online in advance. I was concerned that any other arrangement would result in either overcrowding, or in being told that we couldn't come in because of overcrowding. I was happy to see that this place respected reservations - they allowed walk-ins too but that wouldn't be guaranteed. It was worth paying more than I usually would for the sake of knowing we had a chol hamoed trip instead of risking getting crowded out of one place after another.

I'd say ideal for kids ages 5-12 with some give on either end. There was a large bounce-house type of structure for younger to middle kids, a really nice amount and variety of arcade games for all ages, laser tag which we didn't play, a laser maze thing which my kids (middle ages) found confusing and didn't enjoy, virtual reality games which we didn't try, air hockey.

The staff was very helpful. The place was busy but didn't feel crowded. They were sanitizing the bounce house every half hour but I don't know what cleaning was done to the arcade games - doesn't matter much to me because I and my kids always wash up and sanitize after doing shared activities anyway. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained. Overall we had the most fun with the arcade games though the kids enjoyed the other activities. The games cost quite a lot of credits to play (I don't think any were under 4 credits and most were more like 6+) so keep that in mind when predicting how much you'll probably need (I'd estimate we used probably around 40 each in a little over an hour, if your kids are fiends who bounce from game to game racking up tickets then you'd need more, we're pretty tame and do things like wait a turn for THE game we want...)

They didn't seem strict about the end time of your timed admission. I guess they just figure normal people get burned out after enough time at such a place? We did fizzle not long after our session would have ended.

The play/bounce/climbing area is a slight weak point compared to other places (we like Turtleboo) but overall we paid under $100 for a full afternoon of fun for 4 people with non-crowded admission guaranteed, within a half hour of home. So, it's a lot more than I would spend when it's not covid, but with so many things closed I feel like I did pretty well.

First Lady

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 1:22 am
Park in NJ

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 4:03 am
We drove into Connecticut to go to the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. We were looking for a fun family activity off the beaten path that wouldn't be so crowded. You have to buy timed tickets in advance.

The only issue was that their outdoor exhibit area is closed for renovations so we couldn't safely eat until we were done with the whole aquarium since they don't allow reentry. So we ended up eating a late lunch outside and then took a nice walk along the river before heading home.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 6:41 am
Park in New Jersey and flew kites. The kids had a great time BH

alwayscooking

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 7:21 am
How was the maritime aquarium was thinking 2 go 2day bec camden aquarium sold out is it worth the hour drive from NY?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 7:29 am
We went geocaching in a really nice state park, it involved a lot of trekking through woods. We brought just the older kids while the little kids played in the playground with their cousins.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 7:31 am
Chuck e cheese

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 7:56 am
Cape May Zoo. It was a lovely trip

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:22 am
alwayscooking wrote:
How was the maritime aquarium was thinking 2 go 2day bec camden aquarium sold out is it worth the hour drive from NY?

Maritime Aquarium was so crowded yesterday that the staff couldn't control the crowds. You could barely see anything because there were so many people there. It doesn't pay to go anywhere when it's so crowded.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:28 am
Six flags safari and great adventures park.
I loved the Safari.The park was quite full.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:32 am
Pt pleasant beach. Walked on boardwalk, played in sand, arcades. It was sooooo crowded. Windy and chilly but we all had a great time.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:37 am
Space Farm Zoo and Museum
We went early and I’m happy that we did. When we left the lines outside to go in were crazy. The place was a zoo. Pun intended.

Growing

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:39 am
Turtleboo for ages 11 9 and 4
the kids were thrilled
we were there from 1-3 and it was practically empty

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:41 am
Yesterday to Barnes and nobles and bought lots of books and games. In the evening, just me and the two big ones to Brooklyn Zoo. Today will be bowling and arcades. We like to keep it pretty simple here. Just me and the three boys.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:43 am
Beach, park off a beach (with family), and dollar tree.

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 9:46 am
FAO Schwartz and then walked over to Central Park for the playground, it was beautiful weather and my son had the time of his life.
FAO Schwarz is a lot less major than the old store used to be but we still had fun browsing

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 10:33 pm
six flags
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics