Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tampa Area Chassidic community
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:16 am
Does anyone have any updated information on this community? Is it really getting off the ground?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:32 am
Bump ide also love to hear any updates?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:00 am
I don't know how to post images. I saw online a pic of the Beled rebbe putting up a mezuzah on a door post. Caption is that after pesach they're opening kitah Zayin, ches and tess and to call a number if interested in registering.

Looks like it's working out in the end. Happy for them.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:21 am
I heard there are approximately 15 families there already. The area where they are building the houses for this new development is still under construction and not ready to move in yet. Therefore some people moved across the street by buying existing homes adjacent to the new development. That's how approximately 15 families are there already.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:25 am
I know somebody that went there for a weekend to check it out. They are hosting potential buyers for shabbos so that you can feel it out. There are many homes to buy but also to rent.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:19 am
IDK, I contacted them about renting. There's nothing available right now

Doublestroller

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 2:52 pm
I’m in Tampa now and would like to check it out now. Anyone has information of the neighborhood/address etc?

Doublestroller

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 2:52 pm
From the new community that they’re building

Yiddishetuter

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 3:05 pm
Doublestroller wrote:
I’m in Tampa now and would like to check it out now. Anyone has information of the neighborhood/address etc?

Creek Preserve, Wimauma, Florida. There are models there to see. If you go there to look, PM me. I'm closing on my house in May. The Rabbi in charge is Rabbi Taussig 718-854-1217.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 3:31 pm
Can anyone describe the crowd there? Very chasidish, neutral?
We’re not chasidish but dh is from chasidish background, will we feel comfortable there?

Doublestroller

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 4:05 pm
Thank you!! We’re heading there now. Rabbi Taussig not answering his phone.

Yiddishetuter

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 4:26 pm
Doublestroller wrote:
Thank you!! We’re heading there now. Rabbi Taussig not answering his phone.

He is probably in NY for Pesach, but his son is there. They live at the middle house on Little Gardens Rd. I don't know his number

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 4:46 pm
Message from Rebetzin Taussig. I told her you couldn't reach them by phone.

You can post our address. 16463 Little Garden Drive, Wimauma Florida 33598. Rabbi Taussig is in Tampa and all are invited to stop in. Mincha Maariv at 8:30pm

Yiddishetuter

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 4:48 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Can anyone describe the crowd there? Very chasidish, neutral?
We’re not chasidish but dh is from chasidish background, will we feel comfortable there?

Sure. Why not?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 4:53 pm
Also, from Rebetzin Taussig

For families with older children interested in joining the conversation and getting to know one another please email tampafamilygroup@gmail.com

pknt

Post Wed, Mar 31 2021, 6:05 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Message from Rebetzin Taussig. I told her you couldn't reach them by phone.

You can post our address. 16463 Little Garden Drive, Wimauma Florida 33598. Rabbi Taussig is in Tampa and all are invited to stop in. Mincha Maariv at 8:30pm

So beautiful!

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 8:59 am
We've moved in to our house !!! YAH !! There are about 14 Heimishe families in the new Chassidish community now. Most of them with young children. They have a Melamed and a teacher for the new school year. Houses are beautiful, there are a variety of styles. Lennar and DR Horton are the builders and each builder is building in the community. The name of the town is Wimauma, Florida.
Please come check it out during the summer when you're off from work/school.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:15 am
Yiddishetuter wrote:
We've moved in to our house !!! YAH !! There are about 14 Heimishe families in the new Chassidish community now. Most of them with young children. They have a Melamed and a teacher for the new school year. Houses are beautiful, there are a variety of styles. Lennar and DR Horton are the builders and each builder is building in the community. The name of the town is Wimauma, Florida.
Please come check it out during the summer when you're off from work/school.

Is there short term/weekly rentals
What about take out or restaurant
Just to see

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 9:30 am
There are definitely short term rentals available. If you would like to come for a vacation, call or text 813-400-3453 or email floridamove2021@gmail.com. Or you can PM me, and I can help you.
As far as restaurants, unfortunately, not yet. There are plenty of business opportunities in the area if you know someone interested in starting one.

Sparkle1

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 7:29 pm
Any updates on Tampa? Who is currently living there? How many families and are they happy there?What about schools?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating