Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Anyone else a reseller?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:40 am
I've been selling clothes online a while (ebay, poshmarkl, merari, facebook marketplace) and I thought having a frum group of ladies for listing challenges etc might be fun. Are there any other ladies that do this full or part time. Im talking buying things to flip....not just your own stuff. Lmk and we can make a group if you'd like!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:47 am
I sell on Poshmark, Ebay, Mercari and Etsy.
I took a break till after the summer but would def join the group if you open one.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I sell on Poshmark, Ebay, Mercari and Etsy.
I took a break till after the summer but would def join the group if you open one.

Message me at channasjunk@gmail.com and Ill make a group!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:06 am
I do it occasionally. I’ve made some purchases and ended up losing money though because not everything had the resale value I thought it would.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:19 am
I did it for a while selling unwanted gifts and surprisingly did very well. I see that people search for these items to get discounted prices.
What items are people selling that does well?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:33 am
I love been selling on Poshmark but the profits have been disappointing. Do you have any tips?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:33 am
Yes I've sold on mainly eBay some Poshmark and mercari Facebook marketplace made a fortune over corona but have a full time job and I'm pregnant so it isn't so feasible at this time but I would love to join!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I love been selling on Poshmark but the profits have been disappointing. Do you have any tips?

So many:
1. It's hard to "just go" and see what you find...it's a profession you have to work at getting better at like anything. Do research, see whats selling for at least $30 on poshmark. Keep costs of goods low, go on sale days etc, watch videos of resellers to see what and why they are buying items to resell, you'd be surprised how something that retails for so much can have very little resale value---good pictures (edit them to look brighter) don't spend a lot of money on equipment or printers etc until you're committed just a simple nice hanger and a white background is fine. Don't spend time sharing other people's closet on posh its. waste of time, send out offers everyday on poshmark and ebay. Be very selective with the quality of clothes you pick, people are looking for like new items...no piling, no stains or pulls, imagine yourself opening the packages--would you be happy with your item?
Ok thats al for now--I have a lot to say!

tiedyed4life

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 8:51 pm
I've been selling on eBay for 11 years. The biggest mistake you can make is going for a niche. Like new or new items are you ticket. Don't go for rare or vintage etc because they move too slow even if they have a big price tag. The exception is fandom toys. Bras are a great money maker because everyone hates shopping in person. Stores like Ross and Kohl's put them on clearance and then you can flip new ones on eBay and Amazon fast.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:09 pm
I'm a reseller. I've been selling for yrs on ebay, Postmark and Mercari. I've recently started selling fba on Amazon. Some good and some bad buys. Would love to hear some input on how to source and sell topicals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers