Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Getting Jelous
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 6:58 pm
You definitely shouldnt be hosting for the entire Yom tov.
Max for one half.
Is that a possibility?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
LoL I live in FL.
I told you I’m spoiled

So that means you probably have access to catered food for Pesach. Order meals. It's not the same as being hosted, but it will take the pressure off you.

hodeez

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I tried asking if they can make or buy a few dishes.
Their answer was “what you expect us to Kasher our kitchen?”

Maybe it’s because they are constantly eating
And then after I make something, they tell me oh the kids don’t like it.

I know violence is not the answer but if my kids said that to me they'd get smacked upside the head until they learned some manners.

professor

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
LoL I live in FL.
I told you I’m spoiled
spoiled brat lol but seriously, get your kids to help out, it would be anyway worth it for them, they're getting FLORIDA

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
LoL I live in FL.
I told you I’m spoiled

So go spend a day or two at one of the pesach programs! You're already there!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:06 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
So go spend a day or two at one of the pesach programs! You're already there!

And come back to a destroyed house
No way
At least this way I have some control

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:15 pm
Op, I really feel for you , but as others have said, you are enabling your spoiled rotten selfish chutzpadik couple. So they’ll be insulted. Maybe they’ll end up learning some appreciation, because right now I can guarantee they don’t have any. I am curious what your husband thinks about all this. As others said , let them know already on motzei pesach that you’re going away next year. I’m sure you can make it happen for one year.

yksraya

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:49 pm
Maybe next time find them a nearby apartment that is kashered. Let them know you are only hosting the yom tov seuda's (and maybe a chol chamoed dinner or so). The rest they need to figure out on their own. Let them know it in advance. If they get offended, just say you are not at the same energy level as you used to be, and can't host more than what you offered.

yksraya

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:51 pm
For now, do some "me time" to replenish your energy. And definitely book a vacation for after pesach. Even just to a hotel and you go eating out or order in. Just so you feel pampered. Can even be in your hometown.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess ppl here don’t get it
I WANT TO BE HOSTED
I WANT TO BE PAMPERED
I WANT ACTIVITIES AND MEALS ALL PLANNED OUT
I WANT MY ONLY WORRYTO BE WHAT WILLI WEAR TODAY

I UNDERSTAND, LOUD AND CLEAR. Last year we were just 2 at home and it was good. I thought I would never host again, but here I am, house is a mess. Food is finished as soon as I made it. Everyone go home, I love you all, but help me!

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 9:28 am
I served the same thing for the past 4 days: breakfast is matzah and cheese or cream cheese and a fruit, lunch is the same as breakfast but with carrot sticks, supper is chicken and potatoes and israeli salad. Keep expectations low and you’ll enjoy Pesach more! I have set meal times otherwise people would never stop making a mess in my kitchen. I tell them the kitchen is closed outside of those times. I also assign jobs to everyone over the age of 10. Keep them busy peeling, chopping, squeezing instead of trashing your house!

I’m planning to pamper myself after yt, dh knows that he’s on his own for meals for 2 days after isru chag as I will be resting, reading, and ignoring all other humans. (I took pto in order to do this!)

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Or maybe it comes from certain struggles their parents know nothing about.

This! This is the most insightful comment on this thread. There are so many struggles that couples can be going through that makes them look selfish but you have no idea. Especially if it’s with a child that it’s uncharacteristic of them , parents have rachmanus and don’t judge.

chmom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 2:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess ppl here don’t get it
I WANT TO BE HOSTED
I WANT TO BE PAMPERED
I WANT ACTIVITIES AND MEALS ALL PLANNED OUT
I WANT MY ONLY WORRYTO BE WHAT WILLI WEAR TODAY

I get you. No thinking about what to shop, what to eat,who sits where, no coordination, no worries
I ABSOLUTELY GET YOU
Same here

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
This! This is the most insightful comment on this thread. There are so many struggles that couples can be going through that makes them look selfish but you have no idea. Especially if it’s with a child that it’s uncharacteristic of them , parents have rachmanus and don’t judge.

How myopic.
And maybe the elderly parents are going thru tough stuff they aren't sharing with their kids, either. And being expected to act like a maid service for kids/grandkids makes it harder to keep up the facade when they are broken inside.
Maybe everyone should just try to cut everyone else some slack. Whether you are the kids or the parents.

DrMom

Post Sat, Apr 03 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
LoL I live in FL.
I told you I’m spoiled

So you won't have a lot of driving to do if you take some time off for a pampering vacation after Pesach.

Florida is a big state. Go to a different community, stay in a hotel, or rent an awesome Airbnb.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics