Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How can I get drivers permit in NY soon

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:25 pm
There aren’t any available dmv appointments to get drivers permit for the next 18 months or more. I need to get my license ASAP how can I get my permit? Is there an option to pay more or something?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:28 pm
I thought you could do it online now. No?

Just One

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:30 pm
I needed to wait three months for mine (@Coney Island DMV office) but 18 months is beyond the pale. Try different locations and see if they have appointments for sooner

Just One

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:31 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I thought you could do it online now. No?

I don't think that's for brand new drivers. But I might be wrong

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:36 pm
I think you can make an appointment on line with much less waiting time. Certain days are busier, like Fridays. You will still have to go in person for written test. Make sure you read all the details of what papers to take with you. Try Haverstraw, near Monsey in Rockland county.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:37 pm
Just One wrote:
I don't think that's for brand new drivers. But I might be wrong

My husband just got his online. Google it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:45 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
My husband just got his online. Google it

First time driver? Regular person- not disabled or in the army? If I can get it online that would be great but I’m not sure anyone can do that

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:48 pm
I called the local dmv office they didn’t want to check available appointments over the phone just told me to check their calendar online every day and wait for cancellations to get in. What do all people who need license now do?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:23 pm
Check late at night that's when they open more appointments, check multiple locations. My relative- first time New driver made an appointment recently for about 2 or 3 months away then a day later got an email offering to do it online and then they allowed a much earlier appointment to take care of picture and paperwork in person. Keep trying also beginning of the month is better than the end of the month so look again.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:20 pm
If you have AAA, they are now offering some DMV services by appointment. They're much less busy than the actual DMV so it's easier to get an appointment. It can't hurt to call if you're a member and see if you can get a permit through them.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:26 pm
Ok thanks everyone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics