Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Salmon

iamawesome

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:08 am
I’m looking for a yummy klp baked salmon recipe. Something that can be serving cold/ at room temp. Thanks!

MiriFr

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:20 am
-Someone posted this like 2 years ago, and now I make it every year! Season salmon with salt, pepper, KLP soy sauce or terriyaki. Bake.
Make slaw of all color peppers and mandarin oranges. Let marinate in white or red wine vinegar and juice from the mandarin orange can.
Serve salmon with slaw on top or side, whatever u want.
If you can’t get mandarin oranges, use regular clementines or oranges, cut up tiny. And use orange juice.

-pickled salmon: in a large frying pan, boil 3 c water, 2 c sugar, 1 c vinegar. Add thinly sliced onions, salt and pepper, and pickling spice. Add your salmon, cover and cook until done.
You can also make this in the oven, if you don’t want to get a pan dirty.

-sushi salad: Bake salmon seasoned with salt, pepper, klp soy sauce. Serve with quinoa, carrots, cucumbers, avocado, mango.
Drizzle soy sauce and spicy Mayo (sriracha + Mayo)

-smear honey mustard over top, then top with crushed candied pecans

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:27 am
Brush salmon with oil and season generously with salt, pepper, dill and parsley.

Make a chilled dipping sauce with mayo, horseradish, lemon, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Or a chilled tarter sauce with mayo, minced onion, minced pickle, pickle juice, salt and pepper.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:27 am
The first days, I ran out of salmon I'd made before Y"T (with pesto sauce). So I defrosted another package from the freezer, removed the skin (I always do that), and just squeezed fresh lemon over it, and sprinkled it lightly with Kosher salt.

My oven was on 250F, and I baked it uncovered for about 45 minutes.

DH said I should always make it this way. And once again, there were no leftovers.

Amarante

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:48 am
FWIW, I find that poached salmon is better when you plan to serve at room temperature than baked as the flesh stays more succulent. It is the traditional way of preparing it with the most traditional preparation which is hollandaise sauce of some kind.

It is easy to poach salmon - if you are interested I can post directions.

This is a good recipe because the topping/sauce is very good and really lends itself to being served with a cold/room temperature salmon. You can prepare the dressing well in advance and the fish of course is cooked in advance.

Greek Goddess Salmon

Excerpt From: Leah Koenig - Modern Jewish Cooking: Recipes & Customs for Today's Kitchen.

Before ranch dressing, there was green goddess, an indulgent mix of sour cream and mayonnaise tarted up with finely chopped olives, capers, and lots of herbs. The emerald- colored salad dressing was wildly popular in mid-twentieth-century America, but has since faded. Interestingly, it was a piece of roasted salmon, not a green salad, that got me thinking about possible ways to revitalize the dressing (which I happen to love). Salmon, which is a favorite fish within Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine, is often served with a creamy dill sauce. Green goddess seemed like the next logical progression. Since thick Greek yogurt is so prevalent, why not use it in place of the sour cream?

SERVES 4 TO 6

FOR THE DRESSING

1 CUP/240 ML FULL-FAT OR 2 PERCENT GREEK YOGURT (DO NOT USE 0 PERCENT)
1/4 CUP/60 G MAYONNAISE
1 TSP DRIED TARRAGON
1 TBSP FRESH LEMON JUICE
1/2 CUP/20 G ROUGHLY CHOPPED FRESH MINT OR FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY
3 TBSP FINELY CHOPPED SWEET ONION, SUCH AS VIDALIA
1 TBSP BRINE-PACKED CAPERS, DRAINED AND PATTED DRY
2 TBSP FINELY CHOPPED PIMIENTO-STUFFED GREEN OLIVES
1 SMALL GARLIC CLOVE, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
1/8 TSP KOSHER SALT
1/8 TSP FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER

FOR THE SALMON

3 TBSP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
3 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED OR PUSHED THROUGH A PRESS
1 TSP LEMON ZEST
1 TSP FRESH LEMON JUICE
KOSHER SALT AND FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
6 SKIN-ON SALMON FILLETS (ABOUT 6 OZ/170 G EACH), RINSED AND PATTED DRY
CHOPPED FRESH FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY FOR SERVING

1. Make the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, 30 to 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. (Dressing can also be covered and refrigerated overnight.)

2. Meanwhile, make the salmon: Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C and grease two ovenproof baking dishes. In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Rub or brush the salmon fillets on all sides with the oil mixture, then place them, skin-side down, in the prepared baking dishes. Roast until the fish is pale pink and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes (longer for thicker pieces). Remove from the oven and divide among plates. Drizzle each fillet with dressing and sprinkle with parsley. Pass the remaining dressing at the table.”

iamawesome

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:48 am
Thanks! I only use basic ingredients and no peels so soy sauce and peppers are out. Anything else?

windchime

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:58 am
I just seared salmon with olive oil, cubed potatoes, zucchini, garlic and salt. Was yummy. Can also add lemon juice when serving.

mom!

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 6:59 am
Slice an onion into half rings with I think 1/4 c sugar. Simmer on low flame until browned. Add salmon and 4 tablespoons lemon juice. Cover lightly and cook until ready, about 45 minutes

4g01o

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 7:01 am
We love this salmon,

Fry a few onions,
Season salmon with a bit of salt, onion powder, paprika. Then pour over the fried onions.

Bake like normal. It's one of the only recipes for salmon that we like. Super easy and delicious. I make it every pesach 😋 enjoy!

4thebooks

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 7:38 am
I did a spice rub of fresh cilantro, parsley, scallions, and garlic, salt /pepper, splash of fresh lemon/lime juice and a little bit of olive oil. Blended in food processor, smeared on top of salmon and baked in oven on 450 for 13 minutes. Came out heaven.

ddmom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 10:20 am
Lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and crushed garlic. Cover and bake @350 (time depends on size of your fillet!) Uncover and broilfor last 5 minutes. Simple and delicious.

cbg

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 4:18 pm
Pesto salmon
Defrost a bunch of herb cubes
Fill up to the top of cubes with olive oil
Add 1-2 TBS crushed garlic
Salt to taste
Shmear on top of salmon
Bake
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics