Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Whats with the lace tops?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:06 pm
im very confused . I have a lace front, but u can tell its a sheitel. I was recently at a wedding and I actually questioned if someone wore a sheite, and I know sheitels. is this even allowed? isn't lace see thru so its see thru on ur head? im confused .

applesbananas

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
im very confused . I have a lace front, but u can tell its a sheitel. I was recently at a wedding and I actually questioned if someone wore a sheite, and I know sheitels. is this even allowed? isn't lace see thru so its see thru on ur head? im confused .

Is that even allowed - ask your own LOR
Isnt the lace see thru - some companies have them lines underneath with a thin skin colored lining. Others rely on makeup to color the part

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 12:42 am
Whats with them? They are extremely comfortable and look good. Hair is covered.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:15 am
On a different note -Don’t they rip easily?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 6:28 am
depends which

SuperWify

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 7:17 am
Many people wear them with a cap underneath. And yes they are extremely delicate.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 7:40 am
The point of a lace front wig is that it shouldn't look like you're wearing a wig.

1ofbillions

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 8:20 am
Seriously? This is what you’re worrying about? 🤦‍♀️

Mind your own business. If you want to make the world a better place, work on your middos. Leave everyone else alone.

urban gypsy

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 9:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was recently at a wedding and I actually questioned if someone wore a sheitel, and I know sheitels. is this even allowed?

Maybe they weren't wearing a sheitel! Surprised
RED ALERT CALL THE SHEITEL POLICE

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 9:39 am
1ofbillions wrote:
Seriously? This is what you’re worrying about? 🤦‍♀️

Mind your own business. If you want to make the world a better place, work on your middos. Leave everyone else alone.

I'm thinking OP is wondering if this is allowed because she is intrigued and if it is allowed, she would like one for herself.

OP, if you are interested in this type of sheitel, please ask your LOR.

If you are wondering if this woman was in fact wearing a sheitel, I would just direct your thoughts elsewhere. One can never lose out by thinking kindly.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:12 pm
Everyone is entitled to wear what makes them comfortable, I personally don't plan on wearing one because I believe that the purpose of a wig is to show that your hair is covered and the lace tops look extremely natural. As a side point they are quite delicate and need to be replaced/fixed after a short amount of time if that helps make your decision.

flmommy

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:33 pm
Many people would have an issue with your lace front looking “too real.” We all have our own lines we don’t cross and should just worry about what ourselves our doing.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:40 pm
I have a question regarding the actual lace! Is it see-thru? If you see your actual hair through the lace, then.... it's kinda like wearing a see-thru snood, no? If it's not see-thru, then how does it work?

flmommy

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 2:02 pm
See through part is only at the part. Many people put makeup on it or wear a cap underneath.

Dreamer

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 10:19 am
My LOR said that a lace top is making fun of Hashem's Mitzvah.
He wants you to cover your hair and you will do it - but in the least noticeable way possible.

Just sharing, not judging nor putting others down in any way!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 10:33 am
I'd be too nervous to wear a lace front. You pay 4,000 dollars for top quality hair, you don't want to lace to fall apart so quickly!

It's like buying a very expensive car, that's known to need major repairs every 6 months.

There used to be a really funny website called "Girl, check your lace front!" It showed pictures of celebrities who had obvious glue on their foreheads.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 10:39 am
Dreamer wrote:
My LOR said that a lace top is making fun of Hashem's Mitzvah.
He wants you to cover your hair and you will do it - but in the least noticeable way possible.

Just sharing, not judging nor putting others down in any way!

Did Hashem ever say to cover your hair in the most noticeable way?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 10:53 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Did Hashem ever say to cover your hair in the most noticeable way?

According to some opinions your head covering is to show you are a married woman.
So yeah, if you can't tell it's a sheitel that would defeat the purpose.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 11:01 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
According to some opinions your head covering is to show you are a married woman.
So yeah, if you can't tell it's a sheitel that would defeat the purpose.

That would be if you follow those opinions.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 11:06 am
I am not a rabbi and never asked but it’s also important to remember that everyone carries each look/style differently. A slim skirt on one person may look fine and on another may totally outline the legs. One of my sisters wears her non lace front wig so well that it looks like it’s coming out of her head, it’s just how she (is blessed) to wear wigs. Everything, I mean everything looks super wiggy on me - EVEN lace fronts/tops. My hairline and shape of head were not made for wig wearing.
Also, for this who hold (and I do not think all hold this way) that a wig should look like a wig, remember that there is a big different between a $2000 wig and a $6000 (and up!) wig! I mean for those who hold that way, the $6000 wigs even without lace front/tops are probably too natural looking!
I’ve wondered about this since this whole lace front/top situation started. Out of all those who feel they are too natural looking, I am sure some of you are blessed to be able to wear wigs well - do you only wear synthetic wigs then since people may not be able to tell that your Irene is a wig? Just wondering who gets to decide what looks wiggy enough.
My grandmother’s aide wears a wig. I never realized that she does until I came over one day right after she showered. Her wig most likely was under $100 from a beauty supply store. Because it looks so natural in her, does that make it assure?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics