Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Explain the numbers

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 11:46 am
Despite Texas removing their mask mandate almost a month ago, cases are down (-13% in 14 days), hospitalizations are down (-20% in 14 days), and deaths are down (-36% in 14 days).

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/intera......html

I am all for masks and social distancing - TO AN EXTENT! My family and I have been super careful and vigilant for months and months.

But I also think we need to get on with life. Especially now that so many people most at risk have been vaccinated or had it already.

Why is this nonsense continuing???

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Despite Texas removing their mask mandate almost a month ago, cases are down (-13% in 14 days), hospitalizations are down (-20% in 14 days), and deaths are down (-36% in 14 days).

I am all for masks and social distancing - TO AN EXTENT! My family and I have been super careful and vigilant for months and months.

But I also think we need to get on with life. Especially now that so many people most at risk have been vaccinated or had it already.

Masks don’t help, shutting down business doesn’t help. It proves that everyone gotta move on. Its politics, fear mongering and ayes there’s a virus.

tweety1

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Good Morning! Good Morning. Nice to see you waking up. I've been saying this for months.

gande

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:24 pm
Studies show that masks reduce covid by 1.7 percent which is in the margin of error. But no one is paying attention to that because why should Dr. Fauci and everyone else involved want to give up their control and blind trust the public has in them?!

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:28 pm
Because yet another thing that the left media won't tell you is that Texas is actually doing a really good job getting the vaccines out, way better than NY and California. But it doesn't fit the prevailing narrative.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:56 pm
Quote:
Because yet another thing that the left media won't tell you is that Texas is actually doing a really good job getting the vaccines out, way better than NY and California. But it doesn't fit the prevailing narrative.

Yes, this too!
Aside for the first couple of weeks when things just started, I do not know anyone who wanted a vaccine who could not get one. My friend is a teacher and she said that when vaccines opened for educators she had an appointment within 24 hours. Now that vaccines are open to everyone here I already got an email from my primary care physician with a link to make an appointment.

And I have to say what a pleasant experience it's been this chol Hamed to take my kids places and not have to wear a mask - a breath of fresh air - literally!!!

gande

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:18 pm
I googled and saw that according to the cdc Texas ranks 45 out of 50 states in getting people vaccinated. They have hardly reached 20 percent. So the arguments above are not based on the numbers. Texans are mostly republican so people are not lining up that fast and bogging down the appointment system so it might be easier to get an appointment but the low covid numbers can't have that much to do with the vaccines.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:41 am
Updating this 7 weeks after the Governor lifted all mandates in Texas
Cases are down 9% over the past 2 weeks
Deaths down 30%
https://www.nytimes.com/intera......html

Where is every news outlet on this story? Is anyone going to admit that the "science" is clearly showing the time for these mandates is over?

GLUE

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:59 am
If I remember correctly last summer their was a very big drop in the # of cases (in many places the virus was practically gone) But, the governors would not give up their power they said

I don't care what the # say
The virus will be over when I say it is over
I don't feel comfortable opening up things
ect.ect.

The only way the lock downs will end if "we the people say enough already"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics