Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Anyone else feel ending pesach yom tov is anticlimactic?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 12:27 pm
the ending pesach yom tov always feels anticlimactic to me. there's no seders. it's just more 4 yom tov meals. whereas sukkot which ends with a bang -- hoshana rabba, shmini atzeret / simchat torah.

we're not chabad who do the meal of moshiach thing, but that seems like an cool way of making pesach "end with a bang."

Simple1

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 12:30 pm
I feel the opposite. I can relax the last two days without feeling the pressure of making seders.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 12:31 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I feel the opposite. I can relax the last two days without feeling pressure of making seders.

This. It's pressure free family time.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 3:42 pm
We make a big deal of 7th day. Krias yam suf table decor and quizzes etc. Which kids love. Lots online on nissim that occurred around yamsuf. Mishapacha had a great article on Miriam....u cld use to enhance the meal.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 8:46 pm
There's a new book out called Why We Celebrate which I didn't get around to buying. It's in the Why We Weep/Why We Tremble/Why We Rejoice series. I wouldn't be surprised if you find a satisfying answer there. Here are two thoughts:

1. Not so anticlimactic, we're counting up to Shavuos.
2. I heard that we start the year with the holiday of nissim geluyim and end with the holiday of nes nistar (Purim). It takes a year of steady and dedicated work to reach the madreiga of seeing Hashem without the bells and whistles. So maybe this anticlimacticness you sense is really moving you in the right and important direction.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:08 pm
Any food ideas for this?
I was going to serve banana split for dessert on shvi'I shel Pesach.
Couldn't think of any other foods (my son suggested silver tip roast cos it's split down the middle LOL

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:14 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I feel the opposite. I can relax the last two days without feeling the pressure of making seders.

Same! I made double before the first days so barely needed to cook anything now.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:22 pm
We do moshiach seuda (Chabad) and it's a highlight of our yomtov. The inspiration keeps me going for weeks after. I can't imagine ending pesach without it. Also we finally (purposely) eat gebrokts on that day. Acharon shel pesach is a very special day here.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:33 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
We do moshiach seuda (Chabad) and it's a highlight of our yomtov. The inspiration keeps me going for weeks after. I can't imagine ending pesach without it. Also we finally (purposely) eat gebrokts on that day. Acharon shel pesach is a very special day here.

Same. Very exciting here.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
the ending pesach yom tov always feels anticlimactic to me. there's no seders. it's just more 4 yom tov meals. whereas sukkot which ends with a bang -- hoshana rabba, shmini atzeret / simchat torah.

we're not chabad who do the meal of moshiach thing, but that seems like an cool way of making pesach "end with a bang."

No reason you can't adopt it, it's not copyrighted. It's just a meal at which you also eat matzah and 4 cups of wine.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:15 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
No reason you can't adopt it, it's not copyrighted. It's just a meal at which you also eat matzah and 4 cups of wine.

It's a minhag from the baal Shem tov. I don't think only chabad does it anyway. We sing lots of beautiful niggunim and say inspiring divrei Torah and sipurei tzadikim. All of my kids participate. I usually serve all the leftovers from pesach, it's not a meal I have to cook for. It lasts from about mincha time until it's time to daven maariv and say gbye to pesach till next year in Yerushalayim.

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:02 pm
Simple1 wrote:

Me, too. And I can serve lavishly without worrying that we'll use things up and not have any left for the rest of the chag. My store doesn't restock Pesach goods and when they're gone, they're gone.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:58 pm
Can anyone share links for things to share at Moshiach Seudeh?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:03 pm
https://www.chabad.org/holiday.....l.htm

There's this, nice and organized. Would love more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics