Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Am I doing something wrong?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:25 pm
Experienced imas I need advice! Ds (12 months) only wants to go to DH. I try to be the best mom possible. Maybe I'm on my phone too much but really try only when hes sleeping. Dh is up with him every morning since they both wake up early and they play together. By the time I wake up it's mad rush to drop off by the babysitter, run to work and then come home prepare dinner and then bedtime. Shabbos and yt I bond with him a lot. For the past few months I saw that ds prefers going to my husband over me but I didnt think too much about it reassuring myself that it's a healthy sign and when he looks at DH he sees 'fun' and I am the serious one. But now over the yt I had so much time together and he literally cries when I take him from DH. I try to tell myself that its okay hes just a baby but it's starting to really bother me. Do you think he resents me? Am I not doing a good job as a parent? Is this normal? I guess I'm just asking for reassurance... Can't Believe It

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:28 pm
You are not doing anything wrong! I could've written this, my baby prefers going to my husband, I work full time and he learns and stays with him mostly.

Don't worry, use Shabbat and weekend to bond with your baby and after playing with you he'll want to go to you more.Thumbs Up

hodeez

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:28 pm
Normal. Some kids just have their preferences. My oldest used to prefer my husband but now she's nice to both of us. They usually outgrow it. But to note, I'm the strict one and my husband is the the one who will play with them and throw them across the room and catch them midair. So I understand the appeal Smile

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:31 pm
I could have written this and I’m a SAHM. All my kids were like this until they get smarter lol. But my baby now is 19 months and I love him and adore him and give him all he needs. Daddy comes home and it’s ta ta and only ta. As if I didn’t manage my whole day around this little fella. I think it’s adorable. He doesn’t let me put on his shoes, socks or anything, everything is ta ta. Buttttt. Try leaving the house! He’ll holler after me. But daddy can go daven snd he’ll be perfectly fine. So the blood is there 🤪 dw about it. Take advantage while
It lasts.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:44 pm
There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. My husband has always worked really long hours while I've always been either a sahm or working very flexible, not so many hours a week. Some of my kids preferred me because they saw more of me, others preferred Abba because he was more of a novelty. Also, kids go through phases. An Ima phase for months suddenly switches to an Abba phase for a while, or vice versa. This is all with little kids, as they get over, it evens out unless there is a serious disparity (one parent being more difficult to get along with etc).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:59 pm
Thanks for all the responses! It's making me feel much better. I also started doubting myself because recently DH said something like "he doesnt have that strong connection with you because you expect too much of him and that your doubting his love ". I got so mad. First dont confuse my saying that he likes you better for a fact. Just saying it to make DH feel good. Second I dont expect nothing from my child! Hes a baby for heavens sake! And he doesnt need to love me. I'm his parent and I need and want to love him unconditionally. Now and forever. But such a statement planted seeds of doubt. like they say mothers dont need to take a vacation, since we go on a guilt trip every day Wink...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:59 pm
I train my kids to prefer abba! They naturally go to him at a certain age (9ish months to try and half) and then cling to me again after their daddy phase. They go back and forth alit. But when I'm pregnant I start training them again to get attached to abba as I need to focus on newborn and recovery.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I train my kids to prefer abba! They naturally go to him at a certain age (9ish months to try and half) and then cling to me again after their daddy phase. They go back and forth alit. But when I'm pregnant I start training them again to get attached to abba as I need to focus on newborn and recovery.

Just curious how do you go about training a child to go to either parent? Its actually starting to sound appealing 😅

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 2:28 pm
Totally normal here. My husband walks in and they run to the door “daddy!!”

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 2:35 pm
Lucky you! Enjoy it! My kids always only want me and I’m jealous of people like you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics