Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone went to American Dream Waterpark tonight-thoughts??
Previous  1  2

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:44 pm
My husband took my boys tonight he’s not home yet only spoke to him a minute he said kids loved it!

Also I would only allow my boys and girls to go when it’s separate.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:04 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I went to the amusement park today. Got there at opening time and waiting 1.5 hours for one ride. After that I had enough . I went to the manager and asked for a refund. He gave me tickets to come back another day. It’s a massive chutzpah, bordering on cruel behavior to charge $85 a ticket when they know full well that allowing in that many people results in everyone waiting on line for hours and getting to go on 3-4 rides at most. I was literally burning mad. I don’t understand how they can do that to people.

We went a few weeks ago on a “regular” school day and were there for 5 hours and only went on three rides. The park was quiet empty when we were there but the wait time for each ride was beyond ridiculous. Apparently their Covid restrictions are super strict between social distancing on the rides and sanitizing the ride between each person. I don’t think what you experienced has anything to do with chol hamoed. I can’t even imagine how much crazier it was with all those extra people !!!!

Blessing1

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:08 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I went to the amusement park today. Got there at opening time and waiting 1.5 hours for one ride. After that I had enough . I went to the manager and asked for a refund. He gave me tickets to come back another day. It’s a massive chutzpah, bordering on cruel behavior to charge $85 a ticket when they know full well that allowing in that many people results in everyone waiting on line for hours and getting to go on 3-4 rides at most. I was literally burning mad. I don’t understand how they can do that to people.

Oh my! That's crazy! We almost booked tickets for today but decided last minute that it's crazy to spend that amount on rides. If we'd gone and experienced what you did, I'd be beyond mad as well! That's so unfair for a park that charges a fortune to have this happen.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:25 am
I never understand places that give bad service.
If they want the customers to come back again and again it should be an enjoyable experience.
When people pay $110 for one unenjoyable experience, it is unlikely they will ever go again.
They make a quick buck but loose the future client.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
You can look into the waterpark from several places throughout the mall. They can also have male lifeguards and staff. They don't promise an all female staff.
Many women are also makpid on tzenuis between women, kol hakavod for them. I also don't think it's appropriate to wear a bikini at a waterpark even if all female. I've never seen a frum women in a bikini.

It’s a kid friendly park so even on a random day people were dressed pretty tastefully in my experience. Of course if you’re extra Makpid, it’s not for you. I didn’t see many bikinis and such.

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 11:16 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
My DD and neice went and loved it. What's the deal with everyone dressed with tights and all? THE POINT of an ALL FEMALE water park is that you can swim comfortably. With a bathing suit. A bikini if you want. What the heck.

Maybe lots of women don't have multiple bathing suits, so if you are going to have just one, make it a tznua one.

I personally avoid mass chol hamoed events like the plague. Actually, this year, it may be literally the plague, so all the more reason to avoid.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 11:51 am
Squished to sardines is means no measures od covid regulations I was there no social distancing no sanitizing.. and locker rooms and changes room areas also squashed to sardines..

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:06 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
It’s a kid friendly park so even on a random day people were dressed pretty tastefully in my experience. Of course if you’re extra Makpid, it’s not for you. I didn’t see many bikinis and such.

This was a reply to amother Yellow that was wondering why many women and girls were in tzenuis bathing suits vs. regular bathing suits or bikini when it was an all female night.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I never understand places that give bad service.
If they want the customers to come back again and again it should be an enjoyable experience.
When people pay $110 for one unenjoyable experience, it is unlikely they will ever go again.
They make a quick buck but loose the future client.

They are basically a monopoly.

cnc

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:17 pm
At the very beginning when they charged these insane prices, they justified it by saying that it’s very limited capacity due to COVID . Seems that they kept the prices, but not the limited capacity...

Raindropsonrose

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:46 pm
It seems like the men had two nights and it was less crowded and the women had one and it was very crowded 🤷‍♀️

greenteaorange

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 2:42 pm
Sounds like men’s night was better. My husband went Tuesday and was able to go on every ride.. they should have made another women’s night to space it out
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics