Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do you feel uplifted after Yom tov?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 9:35 pm
I feel like a washed out rag. Don’t feel like it did anything for me spiritually at all. Anyone relate?

Frumme

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 9:39 pm
I feel pretty good tonight BH. We have a Moshiach seudah on the last day of Pesach every year so it generally ends on a positive note. Other yomim tovim don't necessarily end like that for me though. More tired than dishrag though

lucky14

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:11 pm
I don't really feel like yom tov does much for me spiritually but I really enjoy it socially. I feel kind of sad at the end of it all. It's a lot of prep and work and it's for such a short time.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:32 pm
I feel like I need a Sunday, but alas, I will not be getting one this year. I'd love to have an extra day of YT.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:39 pm
For the first time in many years this Yom Tov, I went to Yizkor (I don't go to shul usually bec young kids at home but this was first time I had to be in shul unfortunately, so arranged it), and stayed till the end of shul and felt uplifted, but after a whole another day with the kids, and all the noise, fights, issues etc, I am drained again. I really feel I miss out a lot by not being in shul regularly.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:43 pm
B"H another year has passed and for those who didnt spend it with relatives in hospitals or in other very sad situations, thats uplifting.

And it means they lived another year, with a miox of good and bad experiences throughout the year, its not perfect for anyone, but uplifting yes.

I think I feel better and my life is easier since I say and think "Thank You Hashem".

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:44 pm
Nope. Was doing ok, and then tomorrow's plans exploded in my face for one of my kids. Any ideas on what to do when a kid decides to not let anyone go to sleep because they had plans to spend their last day of vacation with you at home and you have to take three other kids to doctors appointments?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:48 pm
I love YT. Crying now that it is over. Will be up until 4am and then I have a 12 hour day tomorrow.
Dreaming about Shavuot.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:53 pm
A little sad to go back to work and to school (for kids)
So hard to go back to regular schedule after yom tov!!!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:03 pm
The 8 day fast is over! Bh!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:52 pm
Yes. So much energy goes into it and the actual Yom Tov gives me meaning and joy. But I do remember when my kids were little being so overworked and wanting to just rip off all the foil from the counters and call it a day.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:59 am
Twas a beautiful yom tov. Enjoyed it very much, with all the massive cooking, cleaning, washing loads of dishes, repeat.
Now, coming back to life's reality, I'm having terrible anxiety. We're going through a financial crisis and it's hitting me heavily in the face.
I feel so low now.

Sesame

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 7:36 am
I definitely am tired! Thinking of taking a me day this week and dh is supportive of that. I’ve never done that before.
Sometimes it’s hard for women to feel the spirituality around a yom tov. But don’t forget what you’ve done for your family, all the mitzvah’s you’ve done, all the chessed etc etc. That is our spirituality! For without all the things we did, (whether it cooking, or washing yom tov clothes,) there would have been no pesach, no Seder, no Tzippur yetzias mitzrayim. You enabled that spirituality for your children and husbands, and that is our avodas hashem!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 7:43 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Twas a beautiful yom tov. Enjoyed it very much, with all the massive cooking, cleaning, washing loads of dishes, repeat.
Now, coming back to life's reality, I'm having terrible anxiety. We're going through a financial crisis and it's hitting me heavily in the face.
I feel so low now.

Oh no, so sorry! Are you able to reach out to your rav or someone in your community? I know that’s a huge step, but it’s okay to get support and ask for guidance!! I personally have been privileged to help ppl out of crisis in the past. Allow those who want to help you to do so! Hashem gave us this mitzvah. That doesn’t necessarily mean help in a financial way, but maybe in an emotional way or helping to budget or letting you know where you are eligible for relief.
It must be very hard for you with anxiety related to this. I hope you are being supported for this!
Nissan is a month of geula, may you receive yours with ease and hatzlocha
Sending hugs!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 6:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel like a washed out rag. Don’t feel like it did anything for me spiritually at all. Anyone relate?

Uh-huh. But it was great having kids and grands stay with us. I don't sit around expecting a YT to magically lift me up. Seeing my family, OTOH...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics