Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pandas for Dummies

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:28 pm
Hi,
I suspect my daughter has pandas bc she has sudden behavioral changes when she gets strep. But the new behavior stays for a long time and doesn’t completely get better.
I spoke with my doctor about It about a year ago and he doesn’t really believe in the whole thing.
My questions are:
Is pandas really a thing? Do some doctors believe in it? Do kids successfully recover from it? Which doctors have a good understanding of it (New York)?
Please educate me!

Need help quick!

Thank you!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:53 pm
Pandas is real some doctors believe in it some not. My nephew has it. First you need a blood test to find out what infections the child has. And start on long term antibiotics

happyone

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 12:32 am
if ASO Titers are high, find a doc that will work with you. it's when docs blame behaviors or other neurological problems on strep or Pandas without supporting labs that it becomes controversial.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 12:35 am
happyone wrote:
if ASO Titers are high, find a doc that will work with you. it's when docs blame behaviors or other neurological problems on strep or Pandas without supporting labs that it becomes controversial.

What does ASO stand for?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 12:38 am
Sudden behavioral changes with strep is literally the definition of pandas. The sooner you get your kid on treatment the better chance they have at recovery. Treatment should address the infection, the inflammation and the immune dysregulation.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 1:37 am
Bloodwork can help to determine if she has pandas. It is a real thing. My dc developed sudden severe anxiety because of it and B"H the medicine helped.

Dr. Rachel Sisser is a pediatrician who works at ODA on Park Ave in Williamsburg. She is treating my son, and she knows a lot about PANDAS. We switched to her when our regular pediatrician didn't know how to help him anymore and she is great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics