Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Orlando- do u do it just for the kids?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:45 pm
We stayed in a 14 room house with a large portion of dh family. I’m LOOSING MY MIND. I’m introverted and want to be home sooo badly. I can’t see myself ever wanting to come back but the kids have such an amazing time, I don’t want them to miss out..
thoughts?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:47 pm
Next year, if you can afford it, rent a smaller house near the family's big one (maybe a four bedroom; don't think I've seen smaller.) You are there with everyone, but have your own space.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 11:49 pm
I have a small fam. Oldest is barely in school. It’s not really an option at this point .. if my family was bigger I’d maybe be able to justify it

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 12:54 am
Same situation, I relate. I do it for my husband and my kids and I enjoy some of it, but it’s hard much of the time. Miss my own space and routines so much.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 12:59 am
My in-laws family is mostly rockin' extroverts. I'm the lone introvert. They think I'm off my rocker. It's tough, especially around the holidays.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 1:12 am
Yes there’s always trade-offs- I would do my best to work it out with Dh so I have alone time/nap time/ walk time etc

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 1:59 am
Yes, I do it for my kids. Not Orlando but we've rented a large home for pesach, special shabbos weekend, and then the bungalow. It's really hard for me. I try to get alone time as much as possible. But this is literally what childhood memories are made of.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics