Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO bochur to sty w/ father in memorialSloan on yo’t for 💰

hanna2010

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:14 pm
Desperately need a bochur/male to stay with my father in hospital second days Yom tov. Food and accommodations in Bikur cholim house provided. Will pay well and share more details with relevant parties.

Please pm and Tizku lemitzvos

Lovemy5

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:16 pm
Try HILF (I think that’s what it’s called). I think they have volunteers for that.

hanna2010

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:11 pm
Thanks for taking out the time to respond.
Not sure what that is or their contact info

Lovemy5

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:15 pm
According to Google, the number is 718-388-8088. I’m not sure if that’s the one we used (and the family member who might know is not home) but it’s worth a try. I doubt you’ll get someone tonight. Maybe call the hospital’s Bikur Cholim or similar type of liaison.

hanna2010

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:20 pm
Thanks- I just found the number abd you got it correct. I left a message.

I’ve called every single Bikur cholim, chai lifeline and chaplain in hospital.

Couldn’t get they to sone and left messages and others no help so far.

I’m posting all over and if anyone out there has leads or knows people from Williamsburg who may be able to swing the long walk... please let me know.

Much appreciated and Tizku lemitzvos

ellacoe

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:26 pm
Hi, would you be willing to have it split into shifts? Might be able to get someone to set up a rotation.

ROFL

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:53 pm
Maybe call RCCS and see if they can help.

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:01 pm
ellacoe wrote:
Hi, would you be willing to have it split into shifts? Might be able to get someone to set up a rotation.

Due to covid there is no shifts. Can only stay a few hours a day and then no one else and same person can only come 3 days in row. No switching.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:47 pm
Hilf doesn't have for free but they do have for money but there's a long waiting list for the few that do it. Try your luck though

hanna2010

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:16 am
Thanks a million to all those who responded here and through private message.

I now have a number of good possibilities which I will hopefully confirm with at last one tomorrow.
Iyh after Yom tov I will post more about my incredible experience with getting help.

I’m simply too tired now after working on this for approx 16 hours today!!!

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 8:55 am
Make sure to make pre-arrangements with hospital because they don't let in if you just pop in. I am mom of sick child there, they did not want to let me in, even with pre-arrangements. My husband is stuck there for 5 weeks already. Didn't come home to sleep yet. No shift change or visitors were allowes in at all. Even messengers with packages packages can't come in. It can only come in if person staying goes out of hospital to get it.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 9:01 am
Their policy right now with kids is only one parent swapping Mon & Thursday with covid test taken at hospital before entering. That means whoever goes in Monday is stuck till Thur & whoever goes in Thursday is stuck till Monday. If come home, you can't re-enter. If another person is subbing for parent, parent cannot be there at all. Crazy situation.

hanna2010

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 1:57 pm
Yes- it’s been quite challenging and unfortunately this is the 3rd time my fathers hospitalized in the last 5 weeks so we’ve got all the details.

Refuah sheleima and Hatzlacha to the mother with the child in hospital.

May Hashem answer all our tefillos.

Bh, we found someone fir my father

There’s an amazing WhatsApp chat called Chesed anytime.
As soon as I posted on there I got about 10 calls/messages with ppl either volunteering themselves or giving me contacts

If I can ever help anyone else with such info in their time of need- please feel free to pm me.

Have a wonderful Yom tov to our amazing klall yisroel

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 2:17 pm
Lecheirus is also am organization of volunteers who visit people in hospitals and prisons

tigerwife

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 2:19 pm
Wow, OP, thanks for sharing. I couldn’t help but I’m inspired by how many people tried to help you. Mi keamcha yisroel.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 3:06 pm
OP, thanks for the update. May you all have a peaceful yom tov and may your father shetichye have a refuah shleima!

hanna2010

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 4:55 pm
Amein- and you too

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:07 am
Thanks. I hope everything worked out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries