Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Does a warm community for middle aged people exist?
Previous  1  2

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:55 pm
mra01385 wrote:
Houses in those areas can range between 600,000-800,000. If you make a good deal on your house in Brooklyn then you can afford the 5t. Inwood is the cheaper of the 5T.

Fair enough.

I have family in the 5t and it never struck me as a particularly inclusive, accepting, or inviting community (which OP says she wants) - but I suppose that mileage may vary on this.

sari00

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:58 pm
I'd say Passaic, Edison and Teaneck/Bergenfield... West Hempstead might be a good option to look into those are all welcoming growing these past 5-10 yrs communities

mra01385

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:59 pm
I know some very nice, caring people in Lawrence and Woodmere. I know many nice, caring people in Inwood as well. It’s a very warm and inviting community.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:09 pm
mra01385 wrote:
I know some very nice, caring people in Lawrence and Woodmere. I know many nice, caring people in Inwood as well. It’s a very warm and inviting community.

Again, I think mileage will vary on this. I'm glad that's been your experience, but it hasn't been mine. My kids got teased for their Target clothes. My cousin's neighbors were stunned we had never gone away for Pesach. Etc Etc.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:25 pm
The commute to NYC from Passaic is fairly easy and a lot of people do it. You do have to switch trains, but the whole commute is 40 minutes. There is a bus as well, takes a bit longer.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:31 pm
newima wrote:
Passaic, Staten Island, Far rockaway

North Woodmere is growing and has a yeshivish presence. schools would be same as far rockaway/5 towns. Much cheaper than Far Rockaway and probably cheaper bthan many areas of the 5towns.

Edison also has a black hat crowd and schools.

Not sure how Yeshivish you are looking for and if you want a local school or are willing to drive.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating