Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Sink inserts

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:41 pm
We made Pesach for the first time last year and had only 2 weeks notice so we didn't have time to shop around. We bought the sink inserts that our local store had and they were the right width and length but far too shallow for our sinks. Now that we have a little more time to prepare, where online can we order deep sink inserts? Or where can we find them in stores in the Queens/5T area?

mra01385

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:40 am
Lawrence hardware and the variety store sell the sink inserts.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:07 am
Thanks, but they only had the shallow inserts.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:43 am
I've never found deep ones. I also want the old fashioned metal ones.

happy chick

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:06 am
I have the shallow ones too. I don't think they make deeper ones. It's a bit annoying, cuz I'm used to having deeper access to my sinks, but the real problem is that they break every few years. They're supposed to last, and they're not. It's just another one of those annoyances about pesach...

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 9:08 am
Never found deep ones. Every few years my sink inserts crack because they have to bear weight, because they are shallow and don't sit against the bottom of the sink.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:33 am
Chayalle wrote:
Never found deep ones. Every few years my sink inserts crack because they have to bear weight, because they are shallow and don't sit against the bottom of the sink.

We used Duplo to give the inserts support underneath but it wasn't ideal.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 10:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We used Duplo to give the inserts support underneath but it wasn't ideal.

LOL. That's what I call a yiddishe kup. Now why didn't I dig into the toybox?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:55 am
You might be able to make your own with a deep washing dish pan available at restaurant supply chains. Have dh use a razor to cut out a spot that can hold a metal strainer for the drain.

Really grateful that there's a way to kasher stainless steel sinks and just use as is.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:59 am
Someone told me that she bought plastic bins at Lowe’s that fit her sink perfectly. Her husband drilled some holes for a drain.
They used to make deep inserts probably 20 years ago. It must have been too hard to store and it’s not being made anymore as far as I know.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 12:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You might be able to make your own with a deep washing dish pan available at restaurant supply chains. Have dh use a razor to cut out a spot that can hold a metal strainer for the drain.

Really grateful that there's a way to kasher stainless steel sinks and just use as is.

I still use an insert, even after kashring stainless steel sink. It's a chumrah, but whatever. I make DH happy.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 5:29 pm
I noticed deep inserts by a company called Chametz Free outside of Plug Ins in Brooklyn
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics