Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Attn amothers who use nothing on pesach
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

tp3

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:35 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Wondering why you don’t eat matza chol hamoed?

We can if we're hungry but we dont end up getting to that point. Also we don't put anything on matzah till the last day and matzah plain is kind of bland.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
They don't eat meat year-round not because of a dislike for meat; they don't eat meat because of kashrus.
Ok that I kind of understand. Although I feel bad for them. I guess your husband never had meat until he married? He obviously survived b’h.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:38 pm
tp3 wrote:
We can if we're hungry but we dont end up getting to that point. Also we don't put anything on matzah till the last day and matzah plain is kind of bland.

We eat so much matzah! And I also have tons of food, but they want the filling carbs.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:39 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
A lot of yekkes who kept to old minhagim eat no chicken or turkey on pesach. But we do eat lots of meat
That I’ve heard of. But that’s not too hard. Meat is a much more complete meal.

sneakermom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:43 pm
tp3 wrote:

We hardly eat matzah for the same reason. Always have so many pounds left over! (Afraid to be stuck with too little but then what do you do with the leftovers). My husband actually put them away for next year:). We’ll see if they’re still edible.

sneakermom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:46 pm
If you eat nothing then you need to rely on shmaltz, potatoes, meat, chicken and peelable veg. And eat that in how many variations you can.

It’s hard work. In my family we eat oil, dairy, sugar, potato starch, cocoa, chocolate, etc. which is a whole different catagory.

tp3

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:02 pm
sneakermom wrote:
We hardly eat matzah for the same reason. Always have so many pounds left over! (Afraid to be stuck with too little but then what do you do with the leftovers). My husband actually put them away for next year:). We’ll see if they’re still edible.

We bought 12 lbs and it was just barely enough. As my kids grow I have to learn to adjust how much we need. Next year I'll buy 16.
We went through 100 lbs of potatoes, 3 cases cucumbers, a case of tomatoes, avocados, bananas, 2 cases apples, 2 cases oranges, 25 dozen eggs, and much more. I have nothing left over. To consume all that in a week and a half is kind of shocking.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:46 pm
tp3 wrote:
We bought 12 lbs and it was just barely enough. As my kids grow I have to learn to adjust how much we need. Next year I'll buy 16.
We went through 100 lbs of potatoes, 3 cases cucumbers, a case of tomatoes, avocados, bananas, 2 cases apples, 2 cases oranges, 25 dozen eggs, and much more. I have nothing left over. To consume all that in a week and a half is kind of shocking.

Omg that is a lot of cases.
We probably ate 26 lbs of matzah, but the rest...
Wow!

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:52 pm
tp3 wrote:

It's not so much for a family at all. I can totally relate to these numbers. Although cucumber salad and carrot salad didn't go by me this yr. Other foods did. I made lots of cake and cookies with these limited ingredients to nosh on.

tp3

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:19 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It's not so much for a family at all. I can totally relate to these numbers. Although cucumber salad and carrot salad didn't go by me this yr. Other foods did. I made lots of cake and cookies with these limited ingredients to nosh on.

Would love to hear some cake and cookies recipes with limited ingredients. I have a total of one recipe- banana cake.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:07 pm
tp3 wrote:
Would love to hear some cake and cookies recipes with limited ingredients. I have a total of one recipe- banana cake.

123 cookies don’t fit your criteria?
It’s nuts, sugar and eggs.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:12 pm
tp3 wrote:

Do you use cocoa and potato starch?

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:20 pm
tp3 wrote:

Do you have any cookbooks? I made a delicious not dry sponge cake. I think I might have lost the recipe. I have to look for it.

tp3

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:22 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
123 cookies don’t fit your criteria?
It’s nuts, sugar and eggs.

It doesn't work well with liquid sugar. I tried many times.

tp3

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:23 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Do you use cocoa and potato starch?

Nope. Maybe one day.😅

tp3

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:24 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Do you have any cookbooks? I made a delicious not dry sponge cake. I think I might have lost the recipe. I have to look for it.

Imamother is my cookbook. Smile

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:26 pm
tp3 wrote:

Get yourself the balabustas choice pesach cookbook. It's great for ppl like us Smile

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:27 pm
tp3 wrote:

I didn't realize, you only use liquid sugar? Google Italian meringue.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:31 pm
I was just thinking. You don’t buy anything prepared in any way but the main thing matza you buy prepared. Matza is the only problem because it has flour and water and it might be chometz. You have someone else make it for you.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:38 pm
tp3 wrote:
It doesn't work well with liquid sugar. I tried many times.

Hope you make lemon sorbet with that liquid sugar.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics