Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
S/o how will I manage after pesach?!?!

sillymommy

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:04 pm
My twins are my first and they are 6 months old. They are delicious and yummy but really really challenging! One has a lot of trouble sleeping and I spend most of my days and nights trying to get him to sleep. He is always kvetchy and needs a lot of TLC... but his brother also needs my attention!

Over pesach it was really nice we were with family the whole time plus DH was home a lot (he is usually not) and I had tons of help with the twins. But now tom everyone is going back to work/school/babysitter and I don't know how I will manage without the extra help! I know I did it before pesach on my own but I can't remember how!

On top of all that, they both have colds now which means they are extra kvetchy and miserable. They don't want to play by themselves at all and I feel like I can't keep up with trying to entertain them and keep them from crying and take care of all their needs and my own needs all by myself anymore. I thought at 6 months its supposed to get easier but I don't know how I did it until now but its super hard right now. They don't sleep as much as they used to now that they are older and my days are just full of trying to juggle them and keep them from bursting my eardrums with crying.

Any tips, tricks, chizuk?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:09 pm
sillymommy wrote:
My twins are my first and they are 6 months old. They are delicious and yummy but really really challenging! One has a lot of trouble sleeping and I spend most of my days and nights trying to get him to sleep. He is always kvetchy and needs a lot of TLC... but his brother also needs my attention!

Over pesach it was really nice we were with family the whole time plus DH was home a lot (he is usually not) and I had tons of help with the twins. But now tom everyone is going back to work/school/babysitter and I don't know how I will manage without the extra help! I know I did it before pesach on my own but I can't remember how!

On top of all that, they both have colds now which means they are extra kvetchy and miserable. They don't want to play by themselves at all and I feel like I can't keep up with trying to entertain them and keep them from crying and take care of all their needs and my own needs all by myself anymore. I thought at 6 months its supposed to get easier but I don't know how I did it until now but its super hard right now. They don't sleep as much as they used to now that they are older and my days are just full of trying to juggle them and keep them from bursting my eardrums with crying.

Any tips, tricks, chizuk?

Have you brought them to the dr? they could have ear infections caused by their colds. My twins were miserable from 4-9 months until they got tubes put in at 9 months. They had many many ear infections from 4 months until the tubes were put in. They actually still had some ear infections after getting the tubes in but they are not as painful and resolve much faster. They suddenly started sleeping through the night and were overall happier after getting the tubes.

sillymommy

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:15 pm
One is currently on antibiotics for a double ear infection. I took the other to the dr today. No ear infection, just a virus that's keeping him from eating, sleeping, or being happy.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:31 pm
Do you have a double carrier like the malishastik carrier? https://www.etsy.com/listing/6.....rrier

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:58 pm
daily walks and daily outings in the car with a double stroller when you get there (the mall, stores, whatever)? I found staying home all day was terrible at that age--- we always made sure to get out. Also when you ARE home--- music! and toy rotation! Boredom is fun to alleviate at that age.

My twins are teens now. One twin has COMPLETELY outgrown toys but never wants to go for a walk, do puzzles, play games, do art projects so she's always BOOOOORRRREEEEDDDDD. I just want to sit her in front of some board books and keep her busy for 30 minutes like the old days and then rotate those out for some rattles and baby toys. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more