Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you separate bathroom / kitchen rags after cleaning

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:04 am
I personally do.

My cleaning lady has lately mixed the kitchen rags ( not dish towel) with bathroom rags. I noticed bc the kitchen rags has bleach stains on.
If you separate the two do you have a separate bucket for each category ?

groovy1224

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:06 am
Yes I keep them separate. It grosses me out to think about a rag used to clean a toilet or bathroom floor being used to clean my counters. Even if it's been washed in between. I mark the bathroom ones with a sharpie in the corner. (also I know the difference by sight but this way no one else will get it mixed up).

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:10 am
No. I wash them with hot water. I then don’t have a problem with using clean rags anywhere.

4g01o

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:12 am
No because toilets are strictly only cleaned with toilet paper. No rags on the toilet so the rags I use are only for the bathroom sinks, chairs, doors, woodwork and things like that. I use kitchen towel for my kitchen sinks.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:42 am
I don't reuse rags before I wash them. They go in the towel load which is the strongest, longest load. After 3 hours I'm pretty sure they're okay.

4g01o

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:45 am
Crookshanks wrote:
I don't reuse rags before I wash them. They go in the towel load which is the strongest, longest load. After 3 hours I'm pretty sure they're okay.

Same here, I'll use one rag for 2 bathroom sinks for example and then put it in the wash. I also put them on a hot towel wash.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:46 am
So all ur rags go through the wash together. I never knew the cleaning lady did that till I saw the bleached ones and then it grossed me out that I’m using it on my kitchen counter.

Does it make sense just to use dish towels to wipe surfaces, stove tops , and sinks etc and That way she can’t get confused. Or will the dish towels leave streaks bc it’s not as absorbable? I do like that way my kitchen rags dried nicely till now.

4g01o

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:48 am
I use the tissue/kitchen paper towels for kitchen. Not very economical, but works for us.

Maybe just have different coloured cloths for the kitchen and bathroom and keep/ wash separately. Tell your cleaning lady

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:36 am
Inasmuch as I wash rags in hot water and bleach, there is no need to sort them. After washing, I separate the pristine ones from the ones with visible stains. The former can be used for anything and the latter will be used for the grodier jobs like cleaning those mystery blobs on the floor or applying shoe polish.

Come to think of it, I don't use rags in the bathroom. I have dedicated cloths--not rags-- for drying off the sink, sponges for toilet and tub, and a mop for the floor. The cleaning cloths and sponges are washed by hand in the tub or sink.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 1:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So all ur rags go through the wash together. I never knew the cleaning lady did that till I saw the bleached ones and then it grossed me out that I’m using it on my kitchen counter.

Does it make sense just to use dish towels to wipe surfaces, stove tops , and sinks etc and That way she can’t get confused. Or will the dish towels leave streaks bc it’s not as absorbable? I do like that way my kitchen rags dried nicely till now.

The dish towels will get some stains.
Why not buy clearly different looking rags for the kitchen and tell the lady you'd like those washed separately?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry