Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Help me get inspired for next year

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:06 am
So in Tishrei I get inspired by Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur and Sukkos.
I love it. I first didn't love Sukkos because I was like ''again......'' but Rabbi Eisenberg in Manchester gave me inspiration. That on Rosh Hashana, aseres yemei teshuva and Yom Kippur we are really working for Hashem. Hashem doesn't want to leave us like that and is like ''Ok, tyre kinderlach, I stay with you guys a while I'm not willing to leave you yet, come sit in my sukka cosey and warm and we end with a nice feast'' and since then I love Sukkos.
But now Pesach.... Seder is for me overwhelming and I'm getting tired easily but I'm spiritually inspired, however I barley davened last week and last yontif the start of Pesach is exciting. But where Tishrei ends with firework we have a silly two day yontif which means nothing for me....
What am I doing? Saying another time hallel, long mussaf for what... so for next year... Waht do we do on the last days yontif pesach and what is special and how can I spend it with ruchniyus?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:20 am
My kids asked me why Pesach is 8 days, and it's a good question. We know the Jews prepared to leave Egypt on Seder night, and left the next morning. So why is it still Pesach? Soon after they left, the Egyptians came racing after them, and after days of panic, they finally crossed the sea through the night of Shvii shel Pesach. As they came out the other side and saw their enemy vanquished, they finally knew they were really free. Leaving Egypt = leaving our boundaries, limitations and overcoming obstacles. Yet it's never a one time thing, if only life was that simple! We think we've won, we're cured, we've moved past, and then our demons come racing up behind us. In truth, this is a life long battle, which is why, although 2 seders a year are plenty, we are supposed to feel as if we personally have left Egypt every day.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:21 am
But now we're counting up to Matan Torah! The days between Pesach and Shavuos are like a long chop hamoed. I'd say get inspired by counting sefira.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:26 am
There are a lot of inspiring chassidic explanations on the last two days of pesach. Here's one:

https://www.sie.org/templates/.....t.htm

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 5:05 pm
Pesach is the engagement, and we're working up to marriage and more.
There's a new book called Why We Celebrate. I haven't seen it but I understand it does for Pesach and sefira what Why We Weep does for the 3 Weeks and Why We Tremble does for Elul through Succos. (And Why We Celebrate... Chanukah and Purim.) I think it's worth checking out.
OU Women has a sefira program that might give you a boost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics