Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Spirit airline does it again....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

b.chadash

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:58 pm
I have some advice for anyone flying with kids. Please take out the food after takeoff, if possible.

All of these stories happen before takeoff. Also with that story a few months ago when they kicked a whole family off the plane. The kids were eating in the back. The unmasked baby was 14 months old.

I know its not always possible, but it's smart to try to avoid trouble.

Once plane is in the air, what are they gonna do, turn the flight back ? Not so likely.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:06 pm
[quote="b.chadash"]I have some advice for anyone flying with kids. Please take out the food after takeoff, if possible.

All of these stories happen before takeoff.
Also with that story a few months ago when they kicked a whole family off the plane. The kids were eating in the back. The unmasked baby was 14 months old.

Once plane is in the air, what are they gonna do, turn the flight back ? Not so likely.[/quote]

I noticed that too.

mizle10

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:25 pm
b.chadash wrote:
I have some advice for anyone flying with kids. Please take out the food after takeoff, if possible.

All of these stories happen before takeoff. Also with that story a few months ago when they kicked a whole family off the plane. The kids were eating in the back. The unmasked baby was 14 months old.

Once plane is in the air, what are they gonna do, turn the flight back ? Not so likely.

This 100%.
I’ve flown multiple times with my kids since the mask rule, usually with spirit.

If my kids take their masks off in the airport I don’t make a fuss, worse case scenario a security officer will tell them to pull it back up. Once we are on the plane waiting to take off the masks are on and I’m playing quietly with my toddler a- to distract her, b- so we don’t make a scene. Reading her a book, playing a handheld game, colouring in a pocket size colouring book together. Once we take off I have plenty snacks for my kids so they can take breaks from their masks and again, worse case is they’re told to put it back on. No one can get kicked off mid flight.

The situation now is what it is, I don’t understand why every passenger wouldn’t do their best to be quiet, polite, and try to stay under the radar.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:37 pm
And what if you are sitting and waiting for half an hour? 45 minutes? An hour? Or even longer? We all do the best we can, but when they are on the lookout for Jews, it doesn’t matter what we do when. Know why these things don’t happen mid-flight? Cuz once they’re in the air, they can’t justify throwing us off the plane!! If they ever figure it out, be on the lookout for an increase in mid-flight incidences as well.

mizle10

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:40 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
And what if you are sitting and waiting for half an hour? 45 minutes? An hour? Or even longer? We all do the best we can, but when they are on the lookout for Jews, it doesn’t matter what we do when. Know why these things don’t happen mid-flight? Cuz once they’re in the air, they can’t justify throwing us off the plane!! If they ever figure it out, be on the lookout for an increase in mid-flight incidences as well.

I’ve had that and it’s not easy but I try my best.just because we are right doesn’t mean we shouldn’t also be smart.

I’m not talking about this particular case, I didn’t watch the clip. Just saying in general, if you’re choosing to use an airline that has all these stories, you really need to be smart.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:47 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

Spirit sent letters to people who they claim removed the masks mid-flight prohibiting them from using the airline for 2 years. Some of the letter recipients were frum people who claimed that they wore masks the entire flight. At the same time that people got the letter, they got an email thanking them for flying Spirit and reminding them to book future flights.

noosheen

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:52 pm
SHAME ON SPIRT AIR.
JUST AWFUL.

seeing everyone walking off plane, including the special needs little boy is heartbreaking.

So unnecessary!!!!

What in the world is wrong with everyone !!!!!

emma07

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:59 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
The father had a seat across the isle. The baby had a seat near the mother and her brother. In any case, this has nothing to do with them being kicked off the flight because the baby was not wearing a mask while eating. It's ridiculous for anyone to stick up for the airlines.
where did I stated I am sticking up for the airline! Talk about being rude!

emma07

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 8:01 pm
number wrote:
I think you misunderstood. Emma07 has inside contacts with all airlines so she knows the real story and apparently the parents were on an earlier flight before this one, and that was where the child didn’t have her own seat.
wow just wow!! I can see all that money your are paying for yeshivot is paying off🤦‍♀️

emma07

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 8:03 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I’m not assuming that. Someone that likes to stick up for low class airlines suggested that. I’m pointing out that there was a seat for her. Of course toddlers prefer to sit on mommys lap.
lol I would never fly spirit airlines to begin with 🤣

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 8:05 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Spirit sent letters to people who they claim removed the masks mid-flight prohibiting them from using the airline for 2 years. Some of the letter recipients were frum people who claimed that they wore masks the entire flight. At the same time that people got the letter, they got an email thanking them for flying Spirit and reminding them to book future flights.

Someone posted on FB that she got such a thing, stating that she and her husband (the guy sitting next to her) both couldn’t fly for x amount of time. The man had been sleeping and his mask had fallen down, WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING. Oh, and he wasn’t her husband.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 8:50 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Someone posted on FB that she got such a thing, stating that she and her husband (the guy sitting next to her) both couldn’t fly for x amount of time. The man had been sleeping and his mask had fallen down, WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING. Oh, and he wasn’t her husband.

YWN was trying to gather the stories for a class action lawsuit.

number

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 8:53 pm
emma07 wrote:
wow just wow!! I can see all that money your are paying for yeshivot is paying off🤦‍♀️
?

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:52 pm
number wrote:
?

She's referring to her philosophy that yeshivos manufacture ill-bred Jews. She sends her kids to public schools. Just let it be. People can have differing opinions about how to behave on airlines.

Ultimately, I think the onus is on airlines to use good faith judgement to maintain customer relations - which is kind of important in this day and age. Spirit isn't that much cheaper than other airlines, and doesn't have a frequent flier mileage system. When their actions generate this kind of tweet, you know they've been wrong-footed.

https://twitter.com/TheBabylon.....?s=20

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:00 pm
As for the airline thing, Emma07 is probably not entirely wrong. When you're fighting an airlines with a billion lawyers, don't give them ammo. Keep that mask on while you fight. Let them fight an apparently losing battle, instead of giving them a new angle. ("oh, it wasn't the kid, it was the dad who kept taking off his mask.") Buy a ticket for your kid. Etc.

But we all know that there are some disgusting power-mad psychopaths who have it in for Jews because they "heard" that we aren't compliant. Which makes these sorts of news stories a bit of an catch-22. We promote them to highlight unfairness, which then creates an impression that where there's smoke, there's fire. Many twitter people ask why it's "always Jews" who are getting kicked off planes, which make them think they need to be inspected.

I was on an airline where a female flight attendant was apoplectic with rage at anyone whose mask slipped under the nose. She went on air no less than four times during a red-eye flight to wake everyone up to remind them that they CANNOT LET IT SLIP WHILE THEY ARE SLEEPING. Or they can NEVER FLY EVER AGAIN. The flight home was virtually unremarkable. They made a single announcement at the beginning of the flight to keep the mask on, then never mentioned it again in the remaining 6 hours. It all depends on who has the mic that day.

emma07

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:12 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
She's referring to her philosophy that yeshivos manufacture ill-bred Jews. She sends her kids to public schools. Just let it be. People can have differing opinions about how to behave on airlines.

Ultimately, I think the onus is on airlines to use good faith judgement to maintain customer relations - which is kind of important in this day and age. Spirit isn't that much cheaper than other airlines, and doesn't have a frequent flier mileage system. When their actions generate this kind of tweet, you know they've been wrong-footed.hmm no ... I was not referring to the family on spirit .. I was responded to the poster the way she talks 🤦‍♀️

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:25 am
I'm glad they got this straightened out.

Just saw the video. Jeez - the flight attendant didn't even say, "I want to remind you to please keep your mask on. It's the rule and I really don't want any problems." Instead she just kicked them off. Not normal.

OTOH, the father didn't help his case by constantly pulling down his mask to talk to the flight attendant.

vicki

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:38 am
DrMom wrote:

Just saw the video. Jeez - the flight attendant didn't even say, "I want to remind you to please keep your mask on. It's the rule and I really don't want any problems." Instead she just kicked them off. Not normal.

OTOH, the father didn't help his case by constantly pulling down his mask to talk to the flight attendant.

Or by insisting publicly that he could have gotten away without buying his 2+ year old a seat but instead was honest thereby showing what a great guy he is.
Banging head

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 6:44 am
DrMom wrote:

I also was cringing when the dad kept taking off his mask, but honestly it was just a nervous reaction. If you see before the flight attendant starts talking to him he is just sitting in the seat and wearing it. I get the feeling. He somehow felt as if he couldn’t explain himself properly with mask on. But the video is awful. Watching the dad walk off with the special needs son brought tears to my eyes. How can people be so cruel?

emma07

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 6:58 am
imorethanamother wrote:

Ultimately, I think the onus is on airlines to use good faith judgement to maintain customer relations - which is kind of important in this day and age. Spirit isn't that much cheaper than other airlines, and doesn't have a frequent flier mileage system. When their actions generate this kind of tweet, you know they've been wrong-footed.

I was referring to the nasty responds on this forum . So if people can have different opinions why the hate towards me🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤣
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics