Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
School Haggados - Save or discard?
1  2  Next

shanarishona

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:14 pm
I have saved hagados from every year. I'm thinking it's time to say goodbye to some of them.

Wondering what other people do?
Keep any? Keep all? Which ones to save?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:17 pm
The ones the kids make in school?

Reality

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:18 pm
I save every hagadah. My kids look forward to looking through the old ones every pesach.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:22 pm
I saved them all and my kids love to schlep them out and go through them every year. Can't imagine throwing them out. I'm sure they'll want to show their own kids one day.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:26 pm
My mom saves every last one. I asked her this year to please get rid of them but she couldn’t do it lol.

lfab

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:53 pm
I've been saving then every year and my kids love to look through them. But k"h it's getting to be a bit too much and I think I may need to get rid of some next year. I think I may discard the ones from the older kids that are really just a regular haggadah with a bunch of divrei Torah they wrote inside and keep the more arts and craftsy ones from when they were younger (and then of course I feel guilty thinking about throwing out divrei Torah which is why they just keep piling up TMI ).

sub

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:56 pm
SAVE! SAVE!

librarygirl

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:58 pm
I save and it came in handy last year when they didn't complete their own in school. They pulled out last years and were happy.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:59 pm
I save the younger stuff that has photos. the older grades I let my child choose. so far we save it all lol

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:05 pm
Um, BUH BYE. Keep the photos, lose the haggadah.

The point is to grow, not to rehash old divrei Torah!

wiki

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:07 pm
They were the only projects of mine that my parents kept as I grew up, and it was my favorite part of erev Pesach/yom tov afternoons as a teen to review all my haggados of my childhood.

I don't keep most projects nowadays, but I've got a sentimental spot that the haggados are sacrosanct.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:08 pm
Save each one for a full year till the next one. Kids like to look at it for a few weeks after pesach. Perhaps play school with it. So much work went into it I wouldn’t rush to discard.

dv

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:46 pm
In my kids school they start 1 in first grade and add different dvar Torahs/songs/ pictures each year until 8th grade...we send it back to school after pesach to store until the next year

Bleemee

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:48 pm
dv wrote:
In my kids school they start 1 in first grade and add different dvar Torahs/songs/ pictures each year until 8th grade...we send it back to school after pesach to store until the next year

I like this portfolio idea!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:04 pm
unfinishe or just copied pnes I discard.
those with photos (usually from gan) or special artwork I keep. we LOVE going through them.
this year my 5 year old was home the week before pessach, so his is almost empty, uncoloured...we discarded it.

mosta rtwork is ahrd to throw away, so I give it to aunts/grandparents who appreciate it (let them throw it out), very cute stuff and with nice photos we keep in a binder.

but with several young kids in gan/school ka``h artwork piles .

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:52 am
Wow, I am a saver in general, but I was really thinking to discard some - because it takes a lot of room.
But so many of you say go save...maybe I should.
-And my kids do like to look through previous years ones.
I was thinking to keep all the preschool one and discard the older kid ones?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 3:25 pm
My parents still have some of mine from when 8 was a kid. The ones my oldest kids made when they were little are also at my parents house. We just started our own collection once we started staying home. I have no plans to throw anything away. It’s tradition.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 6:10 pm
Discard after checking to make sure there are no pages that are Shaimos. They're going to make a new one every year and if you don't weed them out, you will eventually have to build an extension to your house to store them all. Trust me, unless your children are very unusual, they will NOT want to take these along when they get married (and they will BEH soon be wondering what to do with their own children's masterpieces.) They may tell you not to throw them out--but they will leave them in YOUR house, G-d forbid they should clutter up their own houses. Do yourself and your dc a favor and get rid of their "haggadahs" as soon as you can. At the very least, throw out last year's when they bring home this year's.

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 6:29 pm
dv wrote:

That’s genius.

silverlining3

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 9:16 pm
I save the one from a year before. (Next year I'll be discarding last years.) I save the photos though.

With saving end of year yearbooks as well, it gets too much.

Ps. yup, gotta look through it to make sure there's no shaimos.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics