Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Can a US Citizen go to Israel for Lag Baomer Now?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:14 pm
If so what documentation would they need to provide?

imasinger

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:26 pm
According to the latest info I saw, foreigners will only be allowed in under certain circumstances and with special permission.

If you have a family simcha for a close relationship, if you're an athlete in a competition, if you're a vaccinated businessperson with provable business, that kind of thing.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:04 pm
imasinger wrote:
According to the latest info I saw, foreigners will only be allowed in under certain circumstances and with special permission.

If you have a family simcha for a close relationship, if you're an athlete in a competition, if you're a vaccinated businessperson with provable business, that kind of thing.

How long can Israel keep this up? Are they interested in decimating the economy forever? Do they think America will pick up the slack? They're the most vaccinated country in the world, they're even jabbing kids. Why the fear?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
How long can Israel keep this up? Are they interested in decimating the economy forever? Do they think America will pick up the slack? They're the most vaccinated country in the world, they're even jabbing kids. Why the fear?

The israeli economy is doing just fine without your help, BH

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 10:08 pm
Looks like you can visit if you have an immediate family member living in Israel. Once you are here, you're free to go wherever you like.

grace413

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:42 am
https://www.jpost.com/aliyah/f.....64270

This article contains all the new regulation re non citizens visiting.

Please note that even if you meet the criteria you must apply in advance for permission and then observe the 14 day quarantine period.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:53 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Actually, many people (including myself) work in the tourism industry which has obviously been decimated for over a year. If your personal parnassa wasn't affected by this I'm glad for you, but please don't speak for those of us who haven't had work I a long time.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:58 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Actually, many people (including myself) work in the tourism industry which has obviously been decimated for over a year. If your personal parnassa wasn't affected by this I'm glad for you, but please don't speak for those of us who haven't had work I a long time.

I'm sorry for your troubles. I hope that you will be blessed with abundance from now on.

The truth is that while some areas have taken a huge hit (tourism and small retail in particular), the economy as a whole is indeed doing very well. I hope you will be lifted with the rising.tide.

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:02 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

We went to Jerusalem isru chag. It was extremely sad seeing all the stores that had closed. And the ones that were open were obviously really hurting. One of the stores didn't have much merchandise and they told me that they can't afford to order more in the meantime. I didn't buy too much but I did my tiny part to try and help the economy. Really hoping that my in-laws are able to come visit. They have tickets books but I hope the red tape is not too difficult. You still have to fill out a form and get permission to come in. And knowing the government anything could change at any time.

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:10 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Looks like you can visit if you have an immediate family member living in Israel. Once you are here, you're free to go wherever you like.

This! So long as you have a first-degree Israeli relative, you need to apply for permission (apostilled birth certificate for both of you, proof of vaccination etc.) at your consulate, Get a negative test before the flight, And then when you get here you need to pay for a tracker bracelet for the period of quarantine and get retested. Then you can go wherever you want.

DH is going to the Min of Interior today to apply for one of our relatives. If he succeeds, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:14 am
twizzlers1 wrote:
We went to Jerusalem isru chag. It was extremely sad seeing all the stores that had closed. And the ones that were open were obviously really hurting. One of the stores didn't have much merchandise and they told me that they can't afford to order more in the meantime. I didn't buy too much but I did my tiny part to try and help the economy. Really hoping that my in-laws are able to come visit. They have tickets books but I hope the red tape is not too difficult. You still have to fill out a form and get permission to come in. And knowing the government anything could change at any time.

I was in Jerusalem twice over chol hamoed, and there were so many people around! I think everyone is getting out and about now, and they're really happy about it. I didn't see so many closed stores -- but I did see a lot of people spending money! I think things will bounce back.

But as a poster above mentioned: it will be really nice when the tourists come back and DH can go back to tour guiding!

rivkam

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:21 am
Rappel wrote:
This! So long as you have a first-degree Israeli relative, you need to apply for permission (apostilled birth certificate for both of you, proof of vaccination etc.) at your consulate, Get a negative test before the flight, And then when you get here you need to pay for a tracker bracelet for the period of quarantine and get retested. Then you can go wherever you want.

DH is going to the Min of Interior today to apply for one of our relatives. If he succeeds, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Yes, please let us know! I would like to get a family member over here who we havent been able to see for ages.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:46 am
If you get a positive antibody test here, then you don’t need the full quarantine.

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:50 am
IMO, they should allow in non-citizens who have been vaccinated or who have recovered in the last 3 (or whatever number makes sense) months.

For others, only with a recent negative covid test and quarantine, and even that should be limited to the number of people whose quarantine they can track and guarantee. Unfortunately, many people who are supposed to quarantine simply do not, so I think limiting these numbers is necessary.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:51 am
If I’m fully vaccinated, why the need for the vaccine?

And in my neighborhood, restaurants and stores closed forever. There were chesedfund accounts set up to help people who lost everything. I can’t imagine Israel is much different, and my (non-immediate) relatives there say their version of a stimulus check was barely anything.

I just don’t get why study after study coming FROM Israel shows that vaccinated people don’t spread the virus, and yet we all still have to participate in this farce.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 3:07 am
Yes, if you are fully vaccinated and have an immediate family member living in Israel. There just changed the rules that first degree relatives of Israelis will be allowed into the country if fully vaccinated.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 3:10 am
DrMom wrote:
IMO, they should allow in non-citizens who have been vaccinated or who have recovered in the last 3 (or whatever number makes sense) months.

For others, only with a recent negative covid test and quarantine, and even that should be limited to the number of people whose quarantine they can track and guarantee. Unfortunately, many people who are supposed to quarantine simply do not, so I think limiting these numbers is necessary.

I think they should wait and see if there is any adverse effect from allowing relatives of Israelis in and then expand to all vaccinated foreigners.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 3:49 am
If I’m fully vaccinated, why the need for the vaccine?

And in my neighborhood, restaurants and stores closed forever. There were chesedfund accounts set up to help people who lost everything. I can’t imagine Israel is much different, and my (non-immediate) relatives there say their version of a stimulus check was barely anything.

I just don’t get why study after study coming FROM Israel shows that vaccinated people don’t spread the virus, and yet we all still have to participate in this farce.

This might be your answer:
https://www.independent.co.uk/......html
https://www.israelnationalnews.....99449

There are many similar articles.

Teomima

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:35 am

Thanks to people coming in, we suffered horribly from the UK variant. The infection rate skyrocketed. Deaths have more than doubled since December. Children were in and out of school like boomerangs thanks to all the exposures, lockdowns, and quarantines. It's only now, due to our amazing vaccination rates and strict border control, that we're finally getting a handle on things and for the first time in over a year, life is beginning to somewhat return to normal.

So I'm sorry if someone wants to come to Israel for Lag Baomer and is disappointed if they can't. Believe me it's killing me not seeing family from abroad. But I, and I think I can speak for many of my fellow Israelis, too, am glad that there are strict guidelines in place regarding who can come in. The last thing we need is a new variant (cv"s one resistant to the vaccine!!) decimating our country.

So, nu, you wait a little longer. And you come next year instead. And if you want to complain about the economy, Pewter, then OP please tell me how much money you were planning on spending in Israel? How much were you planning on putting into our economy? Because while the foreign tourism industry is suffering, the rest of the economy, including domestic tourism, isn't doing too badly. Is it perfect? No, no one is, not this year. Obviously there's economic suffering on a global scale. But relatively speaking, us Israelis aren't doing too badly for ourselves. Please don't shed any tears over our economy.

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If so what documentation would they need to provide?

If you are a first-degree relative of an Israeli citizen living in Israel and if you are vaccinated/have proof of recent recovery, I believe you can come now.

You'd have to take a covid test soon after arrival. I assume if you are vaccinated you would not need to quarantine, but I don't know the rules for certain as they were recently updated.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics