Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Can a US Citizen go to Israel for Lag Baomer Now?
Previous  1  2

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:22 am
Re: the economy. I was in central Jerusalem recently and was shocked to see the amount of people out and about verses the many stores and businesses shut down forever. The contrast was very stark. In a way, it reminded me of the mid 2000s when we finally started to move back to normalcy after the horrors of second intifada (if you were in Jerusalem then you know that I’m talking about).
It’s a rejuvenation after serious trauma, the scars are still showing.
It’s not a black and white situation.

essie14

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:28 am
Teomima wrote:
Thanks to people coming in, we suffered horribly from the UK variant. The infection rate skyrocketed. Deaths have more than doubled since December. Children were in and out of school like boomerangs thanks to all the exposures, lockdowns, and quarantines. It's only now, due to our amazing vaccination rates and strict border control, that we're finally getting a handle on things and for the first time in over a year, life is beginning to somewhat return to normal.

So I'm sorry if someone wants to come to Israel for Lag Baomer and is disappointed if they can't. Believe me it's killing me not seeing family from abroad. But I, and I think I can speak for many of my fellow Israelis, too, am glad that there are strict guidelines in place regarding who can come in. The last thing we need is a new variant (cv"s one resistant to the vaccine!!) decimating our country.

So, nu, you wait a little longer. And you come next year instead. And if you want to complain about the economy, Pewter, then OP please tell me how much money you were planning on spending in Israel? How much were you planning on putting into our economy? Because while the foreign tourism industry is suffering, the rest of the economy, including domestic tourism, isn't doing too badly. Is it perfect? No, no one is, not this year. Obviously there's economic suffering on a global scale. But relatively speaking, us Israelis aren't doing too badly for ourselves. Please don't shed any tears over our economy.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:44 am
DrMom wrote:
If you are a first-degree relative of an Israeli citizen living in Israel and if you are vaccinated/have proof of recent recovery, I believe you can come now.

You'd have to take a covid test soon after arrival. I assume if you are vaccinated you would not need to quarantine, but I don't know the rules for certain as they were recently updated.

As of now, since Israel isn't recognizing foreign vaccinations or proof of recovery without varifying, you need to quarantine pending the results of an Israeli antibody test. You can take it ASAP, and when the results come in positive, you're out.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:05 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
As of now, since Israel isn't recognizing foreign vaccinations or proof of recovery without varifying, you need to quarantine pending the results of an Israeli antibody test. You can take it ASAP, and when the results come in positive, you're out.

Are you sure? I think it just changed or maybe I misunderstood?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:14 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Are you sure? I think it just changed or maybe I misunderstood?

Not sure, but this is what I was told. Previously, they wouldn't let them in at all. Now, they do it this way. Most people are quarantined for under 24 hours with this method, at least as of now. I heard they are looking into other methods.

keym

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:44 am
What's considered a first degree relative?
If my sister is an Israeli citizen, is that close enough?

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:49 am
keym wrote:
What's considered a first degree relative?
If my sister is an Israeli citizen, is that close enough?

Yes (I assume she lives in Israel right).
If your sibling, parent, spouse, or child are permanent Israeli residents and you are vaccinated or recovered within a specific timeframe you may come in to the country.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics