Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
A question if you got the vaccine and are happy
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:35 pm
Are you concerned that people who are not vaccinated might still infect you?

Are you masking and distancing around them?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:40 pm
It's the law where I live, so I'm still masking and following protocol. I do feel less worried than before, though.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:46 pm
I realize I wasn't clear, I meant inside your home.

Would you not invite family members for a shabbos meal if they weren't vaccinated?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 11:46 pm
I'm not worried about myself anymore, but I still don't want anyone else in my household to get covid and my kids are too young to get the vaccine. We're still being careful but we've relaxed enough to allow other vaccinated adult relatives to come into our home without masks. It was so nice to be able to spend Pesach together with our parents and for the kids to spend real in person time with their grandparents.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:07 am
Sorry I misunderstood. We've had our unvaccinated grandchildren over with their vaccinated parents, and we didn't wear masks. But we weren't as touchy as we would normally be.

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:27 am
We have our kids under 16 living at home, so we do not invite non-vaccinated people into our homes (unless they had a recent negative test).

I continue to mask as SD outside the home according to the law. Next week they'll probably scrap the outdoor mask requirement here in Israel. I'm looking forward to that. I am a lot less worried about catching covid now that I am vaccinated (obviously).

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:17 am
I’m wearing a mask in places that have a policy and that’s it. Maybe outside when passing non Jewish people bc they usually wear one and I don’t want to make a chillul Hashem since they don’t know I’m vaccinated.
DH and my two very young kids aren’t vaccinated, but we’re bH young with low risk. So yes, I’m continuing life as normal.
Very low chances of my kids passing it since they are under ten. That’s what my pediatrician told me back in the summer... not sure if new info made that change.
The other problem is DH, who probably isn’t that careful at work but that’s his own thing.

essie14

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:41 am
I still have 2 kids who are too young to be vaccinated so we are not inviting any unvaccinated people into our home, but I am much less nervous about my toddler going to school than I was before. When her teacher got covid and we all quarantined I was very worried. BH we were all fine.
The law is still that you have to wear a mask in public so we are obviously following that.
It's been wonderful to have the vaccinated grandparents be able to come to our home again.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 1:58 am
I also have a child too young to be vaccinated so we won’t allow unvaccinated people in our home yet. We are doing outdoor get togethers with other families where the adults are vaccinated. We’re letting the kids play together non-distanced but with masks. For food time, we’re still sitting at separate tables since masks need to come off to eat. I can’t wait until the vaccine is available to kids!

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:04 am
All those in my house over 16 are vaccinated and we are not worried at all. It seems like kids that catch it are much less prone to getting very sick. They are all back in school and seeing friends again.

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:08 am
I freely invite people into my home... But I also did before I was vaccinated. I'm just happier about it now.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 2:37 am
I’m Definitely more relaxed about being around others but I still like my space (always did before covid too) and still avoid hugs and kisses especially from those who are unvaccinated.

Teomima

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:43 am
I have children at home who can not get vaccinated so no, I do not invite anyone unvaccinated into my home and CERTAINLY not unmasked. Nor do my children go into anyone else's homes if they are unvaccinated.

Last edited by Teomima on Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I realize I wasn't clear, I meant inside your home.

Would you not invite family members for a shabbos meal if they weren't vaccinated?

I would not invite those family members, because I have young children and I can't risk any of them getting infected.

Same as during the measles outbreak when I had an infant.

No family members are worth my children's life and health. Sorry.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:53 am
We've only allowed close family members who we know are as careful as us into our home for the past year. Once we're fully vaccinated and friends and relatives are too, that circle can expand. We have children that are too young to get the vaccine and too young for masks. We are still careful about masking and distancing because cases are still high in our area.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:59 am
I'm vaccinated, and don't have kids at home. However, I do have one friend who doesn't vax, and has lots of little kids at home.

One of the best investments I made this winter, was to buy a very nice set of patio furniture when it was on sale. Now I have a nice, safe place to have company out in the fresh air, and nobody has to worry. (The sofa is fabulous for Shabbos naps!)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:30 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I would not invite those family members, because I have young children and I can't risk any of them getting infected.

Same as during the measles outbreak when I had an infant.

No family members are worth my children's life and health. Sorry.

Do your young children go to school or playgroup? If they do, then how is the risk to your children higher in inviting a relative to your home?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:51 am
Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like those who wouldn't have over an unvaccinated person, are more concerned about the unvaccinated person potentially infecting your children, than you are about being infected yourself? Is this because you are afraid that your children might become seriously ill from covid, or are you more concerned about your children then infecting someone else?

Teomima

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like those who wouldn't have over an unvaccinated person, are more concerned about the unvaccinated person potentially infecting your children, than you are about being infected yourself?

Of course. I'm vaccinated, so I'm not terribly worried about myself. That said, I do not hang around anyone unmasked other than vaccinated family members.
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is this because you are afraid that your children might become seriously ill from covid, or are you more concerned about your children then infecting someone else?

Both. I know kids usually don't have a severe case, but I'm their mom, it's my job to protect them from whatever I can. Plus even minor cases are now showing relatively long term negative side effects. Would you let your children ride in a car unbuckled just because you don't think they're likely to get into an accident? Of course not! (At least I hope not). We need to protect our children. That's our job as parents. So taking every reasonable precaution is my job.

Likewise of course I want to protect the people they are exposed to. This was an especially urgent concern before the vaccine. We did not share an indoor space with their grandparents for nearly a year, and even then everyone (who was old enough to) was masked. Now they're around other children at school/daycare (b"h with almost all vaccinated/recovered teachers) and obviously I want to do my share to protect the other students. I hope every other parent feels the same way and isn't knowingly putting my child at risk but sending a potentially exposed kid to school.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like those who wouldn't have over an unvaccinated person, are more concerned about the unvaccinated person potentially infecting your children, than you are about being infected yourself? Is this because you are afraid that your children might become seriously ill from covid, or are you more concerned about your children then infecting someone else?

First, I don't play roulette with my kids' lives, and the British variant seems to hit kids hard.
Second I don't want blood on my hands.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics