Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Florida development
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:22 pm
How can we create a new development in fl like the Chassidim are doing but for non chassidim? Anyone know where to start? Would like to go from Brooklyn with a few friends but we can’t find housing

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:33 pm
Would definitely be interested in more info! I’m from Lakewood.

Frumme

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:49 pm
You'd probably have luck in Orlando or Jacksonville. They already have small pockets of non-Chassidish families.

https://www.orlandotorahcenter.com/
http://www.orlandovaad.org/

https://www.etzchaim.org/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:26 pm
I’d ideally love to live in south Florida, not north

bobeli

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:32 pm
Following

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:37 pm
Would also love to join if you get something started ..

GLUE

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why? What is the difference?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There are several well established south Florida communities. Why the need for a ‘new development’ where there are existing communities?

Frumme

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 2:58 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
There are several well established south Florida communities. Why the need for a ‘new development’ where there are existing communities?

This. That's why I posted other options outside of SWFL

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 3:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can we create a new development in fl like the Chassidim are doing but for non chassidim? Anyone know where to start? Would like to go from Brooklyn with a few friends but we can’t find housing

If you want to be like the chassidim, be like that. Organize. You won’t get answers ready made with a whole platter of menu options on imamother. Identify a location with cheap housing. Identify how far it is from the next largest Jewish community. All of you need to track Zillow prices, get a realtor, fly down there. You need to structure school, Mikvah, scout shul locations.

This takes hard work. The first step of research.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 7:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

But why??
I'm chassidish and one of the main reasons I DON'T want to move to Tampa is because is exclusively chassidish. I don't want my children growing up narrow minded. I'd love to have a mix of all kinds of Jewish people around us. I wish you guys would be joining Tampa, then I'd be there in a whim.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:53 pm
I think many people(like myself) are looking to move to south Florida, and love the idea of established frum schools, yet wouldn’t mind moving to a “newer” area in close driving distance, to get more for our money, regarding housing.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
But why??
I'm chassidish and one of the main reasons I DON'T want to move to Tampa is because is exclusively chassidish. I don't want my children growing up narrow minded. I'd love to have a mix of all kinds of Jewish people around us. I wish you guys would be joining Tampa, then I'd be there in a whim.

Yeah same. That was one of the reasons s we left bp

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:58 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Yeah same. That was one of the reasons s we left bp

Where’d you move to?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:59 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Where’d you move to?

Monticello.

smile11

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:10 pm
Hey I live in Tampa yes its all Chassidism but it's a mix of different Chassidim and believe it or not we have people daily stopping in for minyan that are unaffiliated so no I'm not worried for my children being narrow-minded.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
But why??

Same.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:14 pm
Hashemlovesme2 wrote:
Hey I live in Tampa yes its all Chassidism but it's a mix of different Chassidim and believe it or not we have people daily stopping in for minyan that are unaffiliated so no I'm not worried for my children being narrow-minded.

Unaffiliated people stopping in for minyan isn’t enough to give the children a broader view of Judaism.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:15 pm
We are "heimish". Hubs wears a streimel, but my kids all go to "main stream" Bais Yaakov and boys chedarim.
What are the schools like in Tampa? How big is the community?
Is it predominantly chassidish? Or frum with a chassidish touch?
Just trying to do my research.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:19 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
We are "heimish". Hubs wears a streimel, but my kids all go to "main stream" Bais Yaakov and boys chedarim.
What are the schools like in Tampa? How big is the community?
Is it predominantly chassidish? Or frum with a chassidish touch?
Just trying to do my research.

I reached out (to the new Tampa community) and was told it’s quite mainstream chassidish. Yiddish speaking schools for example. My kids are right now in heimish English speaking schools. I would need the community to be a bit more mixed to be able to move. And it’s still very very small. Unless you’re looking into the older communities there.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating