Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BY Ateres Miriam

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 6:13 pm
We are planning on moving to the five towns this coming summer. I have a preschool and elementary age daughter. I liked the fact that the school tries to be low key and simple and warm. I have a few concerns though. I was told that its getting smaller as opposed to bigger in the preschool grades and thats not a good sign for a young school. My daughter seems to have some learning issues. Are they any services provided by the school like a lower level Chumash or math class or is it just the mainstream class and SETSS services from the city. Lastly, is the crowd the school is getting moving more to the right or left as the years go by?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 6:16 pm
Everyone I know who had learning issues switched out because they are just not equipped to deal with out of the box. I would suggest looking into BBY they have services and are warm, the main negative is that they are large. Tag has the most services but they are not warm and based on my personal experiences I wouldn't recommend them for your child.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 7:33 pm
Anyone else....is the school growing?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:04 pm
bump.

I will IYH be sending to BYAM this coming school year.

My daughter who will be in Pre1a will have a smaller grade than my daughter who will be in third grade. Is the school growing and this is just fluke or did the school have a few very good years and now the growth slowed down?

Is there a certain are of the five towns/far rockaway that you find a lot of families sending to BYAM or is it really from everywhere.

Any nice things said about the school will be greatly appreciated. BBY did not have space and after going back and forth between TAG and BYAM we chose BYAM and I really hope everything goes smoothly.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
bump.

I will IYH be sending to BYAM this coming school year.

My daughter who will be in Pre1a will have a smaller grade than my daughter who will be in third grade. Is the school growing and this is just fluke or did the school have a few very good years and now the growth slowed down?

Is there a certain are of the five towns/far rockaway that you find a lot of families sending to BYAM or is it really from everywhere.

Any nice things said about the school will be greatly appreciated. BBY did not have space and after going back and forth between TAG and BYAM we chose BYAM and I really hope everything goes smoothly.

I don't send there (no school age daughters), but I don't get the impression that it's shrinking. Of my friends that send there, nearly all are extremely happy (and the ones that aren't, well, no school has a 100% satisfaction rate). The administration is known to be extremely caring and warm, with a focus on middos over good grades.

I think they have students from all over FR and five towns. Hope this helped! GL!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics