Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anxiety Attacks - what kind of doctor...
Previous  1  2

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 3:40 pm
I hope you find the relief you need ASAP.
But.
Please please don't ignore what your body is trying to tell you with these anxiety attacks. You are in a difficult and stressful stage of life. Might you be overworked, overstretched, underslept, and not taking care of your needs? Are there any deeper feelings you are ignoring as you push through the days?
Please, tell your body that you are ready to listen to the message it is sending, and you want to take care of it. Tell yourself that all feelings are ok and just take some time to listen to the voice inside.
And if that's difficult, find a good, compassionate therapist.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My PCP prescribed klonopin.
(He also prescribed exercise and taking walks outdoors).
I feel better BH.

Sending you lots of love and sympathy.

Feel better

I've been on klonipin for a little over 2 years at a very difficult time in my life. I'm just under 40, so nothing to do w menopause. Bh, I've since gotten off it. I do take walks with my husband , we try daily for approx 45-50 min. It does make a huge diff.
It is a controlled substance and it can be addictive, but its also possible to get off it.

amother
Seafoam

Post Yesterday at 8:06 pm
Not sure if I need a therapist or just ride through my panic attacks. I bh don’t get them as often as I used to. Maybe 3-4 times a year but when I do I feel so helpless and think I’m dying. I first get dizzy and that makes me panic and nause headache follow. I do have Xanax which takes off the edge but still feel weak and sick for the rest of the day and stay in bed.
It might be hormonal. I spoke to many drs nobody was able to figure it out but I do see a pattern that when it happens it’s before my periods.
Any suggestions or ideas from my fellow imas?

amother
Honeydew

Post Yesterday at 8:08 pm
I've had before my periods I take zoloft

amother
Seafoam

Post Yesterday at 8:09 pm
You take Zoloft every month? For how long?
I’m close to 50 and don’t get my periods regularly for the last few times And wouldn’t know when to take it.

amother
Mintcream

Post Yesterday at 8:28 pm
Doesn't Zoloft take a few weeks to take effect? Can it be used randomly and still work?

amother
Honeydew

Post Today at 10:13 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
You take Zoloft every month? For how long?
I’m close to 50 and don’t get my periods regularly for the last few times And wouldn’t know when to take it.

Yes

amother
Honeydew

Post Today at 10:13 am
amother Mintcream wrote:
Doesn't Zoloft take a few weeks to take effect? Can it be used randomly and still work?
yes, I take every day

oneofakind

Post Today at 10:57 am
A reproductive psychiatrist could be helpful

amother
Seafoam

Post Today at 11:00 am
oneofakind wrote:
A reproductive psychiatrist could be helpful

Even if it always happens very rarely? At most 4 times a year. I wouldn’t want to go on meds daily
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries