Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
New game
1  2  Next

Rugelech

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 6:20 pm
Lets try to create an entertaining read by one instruction. What you write should be brief but still interesting as each entry can only be written on one line. I am starting with:

I was late for an appointment. My mobile was ringing. It was a teacher from my son's school.

simcha4

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:58 pm
"We can't find your son," he said. "We searched everywhere. Please come down, now!"

ah

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:12 pm
I dropped everything and ran to my sons school

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:30 pm
My stomach clenched, and my mind churning up 'what could've happened..?' thoughts; I shoved through crowds of students and thundered into the principal's office.

("Rugelach," tx for starting this. I love it. Can we pls. have max. 2 lines? One line is rather tight.

mamma llama

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:57 am
Strangely, the entire parent body was squished into the principal's office. I prayed this was a belated Purim shtick.

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:45 am
Everyone came to help to find my son (chalilah)

Rugelech

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:25 am
I was re-playing in my mind if there was any sign in my son's behaviour prior to this morning that I didn't pick up on but nothing came to mind

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:21 am
We all started searching in every classroom, basement, yard, basically every nook & cranny

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 10:28 am
Chaos. People yelling son's name. Desks shoved aside. Chairs knocked over. Running. Doors banging. Something smashed. Only I couldn't move. It was like I'd become a statue. And then I spied...

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:31 pm
Two green eyes sticking out from behind a potted plant in the principal's office.

Siriusly?

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:34 pm
But that wasn't the strangest thing. The thing that really made me gasp and blink furiously to clear my vision was the glistening purple antenna snaking through the window.

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 6:43 pm
A screech from metal scratching across tiles, made me whirl around. A masked face was peering around the doorway. Two black fearsome eyes flashed through the eye holes. Before I could shriek...

Last edited by simcha4 on Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:18 am
Friends and family jumped out from different hiding spots, my son included. "Happy Birthday!" they cheered. The problem was that it wasn't my birthday.

simcha4

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 3:59 am
The vice-principal walked over to me. She smiled. "Congratulations! Mrs. Rugelech. Every year the school chooses the parents of a student to head the color-war. This year we've chosen you & your husband.

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 4:22 pm
I was shell-shocked. We're the kind of parents who stayed under the radar. Who would have nominated us? I wondered. And what happens now?

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 5:00 pm
It's a fake out after all. This school apparantly only has color war break out but no real color war

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 5:49 pm
Feeling awfully disappointed and self-conscious, I decided to be a respectable leader. I instituted the first real color war, with teams Cholent and Herring.

simcha4

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:51 pm
The next morning. The secretary's voice crackled through the intercom, "all students from grades 5 to 9, please gather in the assembly room after lunch recess. Thank you. "

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:02 pm
And the principal announced the winning team, Team Cholent! which was my team

simcha4

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:35 pm
dankbar wrote:
And the principal announced the winning team, Team Cholent! which was my team

What? end of story?
Wow! "Dankbar," I must commend you - you're to the point and get things done.

But doesn't any of the readers wanna know what went on from when the teams were announced until the winning team was announced?

Perhaps, it's me, I don't have enough excitement in my life. I wanna read about the boys preparing for color war. The excitement. The pressure. The momentum building up.... something that goes wrong during the preps. How it's resolved.
Emotions - there's sure to be jealousy to the one who got a large part, or the one who's coming up with amazing ideas. Tinge of anger. Admiration. Some fights. Cheering. Laughing.
Paint splatters. Building props = boys hammering nails into what they're building. The always shy boy timidly suggests an idea and everyone loves it - his until then hidden talent is revealed. He blossoms.
The team leaders trying to pull it all together with their groups of rowdy active boys.

I can go on and on, but I won't bore y'all.

Well, at least the story tied up neatly.

Now, what did y'all learn from this story? Wink

Next story. "Rugelech, Ahoy! are you on? Since you started this delightful thread we give you the honor of starting another story.
Can't wait.
Sorry, I'm a literary fan.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics