Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Best Shabbos take out, enough for guests ..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:07 pm
DH has a classmate who comes to us occasionally with his wife and child. It’s a really nice kiruv opportunity. We’ve invited them a handful of times all winter long but it didn’t work with the early Friday’s. They texted before Pesach that it’ll work for them to come the following Shabbos. I wasn’t home 2nd days and Shabbos was almost a full week away from motzai yom tov so I said yes. Now that we’re holding by Wednesday night, I can tell you - I’m def not recovered from yt. Cleaning lady hasn’t returned Sad I’m spending every min that I’m not working trying to finish up the laundry and keep the house semi under control. I’m passing out from exhaustion. I would love to cancel Shabbos but I’m going to try and push myself. I got a cleaning crew to come Friday and I’m going to try and buy most of Shabbos. This is really out of my comfort zone, I never even buy challah! So where’s the best place to go? I’ll make cholent, soup and salad but I need everything else.. mains sides dips challah- u name it..

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:21 pm
I’m not sure but probably between Shloimy’s and yapchik you can get everything. Shloimy’s has very good challah and really just about everything. Yapchik has good kugels and meats but if you don’t want to bother going to 2 stores you can really get everything in Shloimy’s. I’ve been there right before shabbos for a forgotten item and was surprised to see people buying the entire shabbos from challah, dips, soup, kugel, chicken, deli....

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:28 pm
Another vote for shloimys. No need to go anywhere else.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:44 pm
Wow op you are really special! Try yapchick or glatt gourmet. Mike’s chicken is always a winner.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:44 pm
Depends which neighborhood you live in. If you live near Shloimys/Yapchik, you can get there like the previous posters mentioned. If you live near the South side of Lakewood, I would recommend that you walk into Glatt Gourmet. Everything in the store is delicious and perfect.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:48 pm
I live near Glatt gourmet actually and I go every week for liver and side salads but I don’t get the impression that they have side dishes, but I never paid super close attention

SingALong

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 5:56 pm
Epstein meat has mains, sides, dips, and fish. Next door is korns bakery with challah, and cake.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 6:42 pm
SingALong wrote:
Epstein meat has mains, sides, dips, and fish. Next door is korns bakery with challah, and cake.

I didn’t know Epstein’s has all that. That’s a good idea with korns bakery next door!

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:20 pm
I go through the craziness of ordering all the way from Boro Park.

Dips, on 13th ave and 53rd street has food that looks and tastes homemade and delicious.
Whatever I tried from that store was a winner.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live near Glatt gourmet actually and I go every week for liver and side salads but I don’t get the impression that they have side dishes, but I never paid super close attention

Someone once sent me the entire shabbos from glatt gourmet after I had a baby. It was a few years ago but I doubt things changed.
If you don’t find everything in glatt gourmet, head on to Shloimy’s. Even if you go on Friday afternoon you can still buy everything you need!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries