Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
I want to subscribe to a kids magazine
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I write for the Circle so slightly biased here Wink but it’s a fantastic magazine. The editors are constantly looking for ways to make it bigger, better, and more educational!

Yay you!!! My kids LOVE the circle!!! The editors make it so engaging, contests, etc.

Several times this year, my students have known random historical information, like about the Prohibition, from... The Circle!!

personally, I love the Only Mimi column. Big fan. LOL

I can't tell you how many times my kids were making up Mimi equations over pesach, "it's simple math...!"

The only thing I don't like about the magazine is the comic serials. I feel like they aren't so educational or tochendig like the rest of the magazine, but I can understand that a magazine needs to cater to all types of readers.
It's funny, because OP was davka looking for comics Laugh

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:26 pm
I think you can do a 6 month subscription to the circle. that might be more in the price range you are looking for

sky

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Someone gifted me with a years subscription to a magazine, it's been 8 years and I still subscribe. I couldn't stop reading it once the year ran up...
it’s true you get hooked. But my kids want to use the family Chanukah gift money toward it every year. So the gift continues.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:55 pm
another huge circle fan, I love reading it myself!!

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:59 pm
I've never heard of Circle before this.

I'd be interested in getting it for my kids, but does it have pictures of girls/ women?

Thanks

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:04 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I've never heard of Circle before this.

I'd be interested in getting it for my kids, but does it have pictures of girls/ women?

Thanks

Only very young - maybe under 6. No women.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:38 pm
cnc wrote:
I think Kindlein is weekly.

She means the English one

Writergirl

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:44 pm
I write for the Circle so slightly biased here Wink but it’s a fantastic magazine. The editors are constantly looking for ways to make it bigger, better, and more educational!

Hi Fellow Circle Writer 👋

Totally agree with you about the editors - always pushing for better. (Also, so curious which column you write! Smile)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:45 pm
The Circle currently has a promotion, an afikoman special, offering a choice of a free gift with a new subscription. That being said, I would personally wait until they offer a better promotion, a nice discount on a subscription. They do that occasionally.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Only very young - maybe under 6. No women.

Thanks.

Guess we won't be getting it. We don't do publications that exclude women. (Unless they don't have any adults).

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:52 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Thanks.

Guess we won't be getting it. We don't do publications that exclude women. (Unless they don't have any adults).

Your loss.
My kids love it

Simple1

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 9:01 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Thanks.

The majority of the pictures is illustration and comics and they definitely include big girls and women. And prominently displayed on every cover are the Circle characters - a boy and a girl, Vivi and Kivi, I think.

Last edited by Simple1 on Wed, Apr 07 2021, 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 9:02 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Thanks.

Women and girls are very represented.
Jewish literature is pretty limited then

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 9:46 pm
Quote:
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Thanks.

Your loss.
My kids love it

It's not even noticeable like in the women's magazines. There are very few articles featuring adults. It's mostly about history, facts, things, ideas and cartoons. I've never even thought of it until it was just pointed out.

To the writers on this thread, you guys are incredible! And I am usually quite cynical about "Jewish" writing but your magazine is amazing. Thank you, thank you!!!

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:12 pm
Another Circle fan here! Its quite expensive but so worth it! Every week hours of reading for my kids, even my 4 year old started doing the last page to find things etc. Such a well done magazine!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:21 pm
We love the circle!
Amother blush there aren’t too many Jewish magazines with pictures of ladies you would rather your kids read non jewish magazines with who knows what? There are drawings of girls and boys. Hardly any real pictures. A lot of science, history, interesting facts. I enjoy it too.

Aim is also good

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:45 pm
Writergirl wrote:
Hi Fellow Circle Writer 👋

Totally agree with you about the editors - always pushing for better. (Also, so curious which column you write! Smile)

You tell first Tongue Out

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! My kids love it too.

Writergirl

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:53 pm
You tell first Tongue Out

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! My kids love it too.

Hmmm...that would give my name away;). I'd pm you but can't do that to amother! Good luck with your writing!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 12:29 am
To the two writers for Circle- when will we be getting it in Israel?? I really want my kids to have access to this great publication I've been hearing so much about!

cbsp

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 12:35 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
To the two writers for Circle- when will we be getting it in Israel?? I really want my kids to have access to this great publication I've been hearing so much about!

You can at least sign up to get the Shabbos packet via email. Gives a taste of what the real thing is...

https://www.circmag.com/shabbos

(put your browser in desktop mode if using mobile)
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room