Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Strange Allergic Reaction

morahmommy2

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 7:59 pm
Over Pesach my daughter had a strange allergic reaction and I'm not sure what to do! She was eating corned beef (deli) and broke out in hives all over - face, ears, wrists, knees, stomach. B"H she just needed benadryl and was ok. She's 3 - she's eaten deli before and she's had corned beef too (the type that you cook not the deli type). I tried calling the company to get a list of the ingredients since the packaging doesn't list everything (says "spices"). I haven't called our allergist yet - I'm assuming he will need to know exactly what was in it before testing her? The other allergies in our family are pretty standard (eggs and peanuts). Any advice? Planning to call the doctor's office tomorrow but would love tips if anyone has had a similar experience.
Thanks!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 8:55 pm
Are you sure it was the corned beef?
Sorry for that! Sounds intense!

morahmommy2

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:31 pm
She was eating corned beef, tomatoes, and cucumbers - and she always eats tomatoes and cucumbers! Can't imagine it was from that... With all the allergies in the family this was the strongest reaction I've ever seen.

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 10:45 pm
We bought klp corned beef also and it tasted very different than year round. Spices were totally different, it even tasted celery like (celery seed). Pesach is very hard with the allergies! I can't help but respond on allergy threads since so much of my life is consumed with this.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 12:07 am
Yes, definitely get a list of spices.
Also find out re cross contamination- even though sesame is kitniyos I saw one klp product that mentioned sesame as a cross contamination corncern (not halachic concern). See if they will tell you what else is made on the same equipment.

Hatzlacha finding out the source!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics