Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Modanisa?

funkyfrummom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 9:24 pm
Has anyone ever ordered from the online shop called Modanisa? (fashions for muslim women)

I am wondering about quality. They have lots of evening dresses, shabbos robe type things, and long skirts... I see evening dresses for about $20, marked down from $100 (which is itself cheap, in my mind). For those prices, is the fabric just very cheap?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 9:29 pm
I've successfully bought gowns for chasunahs there for myself (sibling of Chosson/kallah) and my mother, for two chasunahs. The quality is very inconsistent. I ordered us each 7-9 dresses to try for each wedding. Sizing is also inconsistent across the many brands they carry. However, at the end of the day, we got gorgeous dresses that required nothing more than hemming and were perfectly tznius and in line with current frum style and were good quality.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:34 pm
I love Modanisa. I’ve bought Shabbos robes and house robes from there. Overall I’m happy and would totally buy their beautiful evening gowns, with the understanding that quality varies between brands and I won’t know until I try it on.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I've successfully bought gowns for chasunahs there for myself (sibling of Chosson/kallah) and my mother, for two chasunahs. The quality is very inconsistent. I ordered us each 7-9 dresses to try for each wedding. Sizing is also inconsistent across the many brands they carry. However, at the end of the day, we got gorgeous dresses that required nothing more than hemming and were perfectly tznius and in line with current frum style and were good quality.

Which brand did you have luck with
Can you post which dresses you ended up with

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:57 pm
I also tried to get a gown from there. I ordered at least ten gowns. Sizing were so inaccurate and inconsistent they all went back:(

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 11:05 pm
Old post. But I recently came across their site and purchased several times...

The sizing and material is inconsistent. Ive had great mazel and some things were trash..

Descriptions are the same on each dress, so its hard to know details. I mostly zoom in on pictures and try to analyze on bottom if see through or not.

Shipping is pretty fast.

Quality is not the best, but ok for one season...

Tznius-wise there are many many choices..

Prices are soooo inconsistent. Each and every dress is marked as "sale" or "clearance" . And the next day it goes up or down...
Pretty tiring to put together an order. Theres also soo many choices.

If u like an item, add it on favorite list instead of cart. If the item runs out in the size chosen, it simply gets removed from cart...

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 10:24 am
I bought a gown for my sil's wedding from there and later wore it to another family wedding. I got lucky, the size fit well. That being said, there's a reason it's cheap - the detail was glued on and not sewn on, so it kept shedding. It was worth it for me for $96 plus the $40 I spent at the seamstress to alter it a bit (bring down neckline, make it 3/4 sleeves, cut the bottom).

Frumme

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 10:41 am
I tried once, ordered maybe 5-6 dresses and returned them all. Some were so heavy and hot. Others had a ton of extra fabric and I didn't feel like hemming them/paying to have them hemmed at the time. Like others have said, sizing and quality is inconsistent across brands.

Might try again for evening wear if I have a Simcha to go to, but in any case I'm nursing now so that limits my options....

English3

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:16 pm
Amber it's stunning

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:36 pm
Frumme wrote:
I tried once, ordered maybe 5-6 dresses and returned them all. Some were so heavy and hot. Others had a ton of extra fabric and I didn't feel like hemming them/paying to have them hemmed at the time. Like others have said, sizing and quality is inconsistent across brands.

Might try again for evening wear if I have a Simcha to go to, but in any case I'm nursing now so that limits my options....

Btw they have a lot of maternity and nursing friendly stuff. (I guess the people in Turkey also have many kids?!)
But in general most gowns you get here are also not nursing friendly.

English3

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:51 pm
Why do you need a gown for nursing? You bring with your baby to the wedding?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics