Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Life insurance as compared to health insurance
Previous  1  2  3

Do you have life insurance
Yes are you crazy???  
 77%  [ 113 ]
No can't afford  
 15%  [ 22 ]
No don't feel it is necessary  
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 146

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:11 am
The constant campaigns to fund families where a parent has tragically passed away and left behind x amount of kids is proof that too many think life insurance is not for them. I don't know if people see it as a luxury expense or tempting fate or what. But it's really important should the worst happen. DH and I both have life insurance. He is the primary earner - I would not be able to support myself and my kids - let alone maintain my current lifestyle - without his income. And if something happened to me there would be many additional expenses in terms of childcare and homecare so I'm insured too, though to a lesser degree.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:24 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The constant campaigns to fund families where a parent has tragically passed away and left behind x amount of kids is proof that too many think life insurance is not for them. I don't know if people see it as a luxury expense or tempting fate or what. But it's really important should the worst happen. DH and I both have life insurance. He is the primary earner - I would not be able to support myself and my kids - let alone maintain my current lifestyle - without his income. And if something happened to me there would be many additional expenses in terms of childcare and homecare so I'm insured too, though to a lesser degree.

This is true. But what about people like me who are uninsurable? Should we not have families? Especially since I'm at a higher risk of dying than other people. This is actually something I think about sometimes. Sad

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:27 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
This is true. But what about people like me who are uninsurable? Should we not have families? Especially since I'm at a higher risk of dying than other people. This is actually something I think about sometimes. Sad

We are not really either insurable. DH just got quoted $300 a month for both of us for $250K coverage and this is out of our budget. This thread is motivating me to sign up for Areivim.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Do your best to make good investments, speak with a financial planner to learn how to save and invest prudently, put aside income into a retirement plan and make sure you are taking advantage of all tax benefits, etc.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics