Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Acceptable to work with more than 1 realtor - Passaic?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 10:28 am
We're using one realtor right now, and we're not thrilled with her. However, she does know the blocks and neighborhoods pretty well from what we can tell. We'd prefer to work with more than one to get a better picture of the market. Is that considered acceptable in Passaic?

I know many people do it in other places, but in Passaic especially it seems like all the realtors know each other and interact, so I wouldn't want to do something that's "not done."

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 11:13 am
No it's not acceptable in Passaic. That's not to say it's not done but I'm friends with a few of the local realtors and they've all said that they don't want to work with someone if they're already working with a different realtor.
If you're unhappy with your realtor you can definitely switch just be upfront about it. We used Dwell and were very happy and Rivka Bodenheim is also excellent.
Passaic is a hard market right now, houses are going quickly and so many people are looking it's not going to be easy to find something.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
No it's not acceptable in Passaic. That's not to say it's not done but I'm friends with a few of the local realtors and they've all said that they don't want to work with someone if they're already working with a different realtor.
If you're unhappy with your realtor you can definitely switch just be upfront about it. We used Dwell and were very happy and Rivka Bodenheim is also excellent.
Passaic is a hard market right now, houses are going quickly and so many people are looking it's not going to be easy to find something.

Thank you for the info. That's exactly what I wanted to know- if the realtors would be upset.

We're kind of casually looking now, not in such a hurry. We're content to rent and get a feel for the place first.

agreer

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 1:15 pm
Of course realtors would be upset. I believe this is true in any city, not just Passaic, but if it's such a small town, all the more so!

The realtor you're currently working with is looking for you, investing her time and energy. She won't get paid unless she sells you something, so currently she is working for free.

If you don't like her, don't string her along. That's so not mentschlich. Just end the relationship and find someone else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating