Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ohhh...the shame
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:17 pm
Well, Pesach has come and gone yet my kitchen is STILL KLP!

We change over the whole kitchen and it's a lot of stuff ... dishes, pots and pans, crockpot, instant pot, coffee maker, urn, disposables, and a million other things etc etc etc. (Still amazed how some people have so little and takes them like 2 hrs to finish their rumpelnacht).

I work a lot of hours and was just too wiped out this week to do it.

Hopefully, I can have the house back to "normal" by Sunday night. I'm not holding my breath

Pray for me Wink

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:19 pm
Maybe you can just keep the whole house Pesachdik all year round and save yourself all the hassle every year.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:21 pm
DrMom wrote:
Maybe you can just keep the whole house Pesachdik all year round and save yourself all the hassle every year.

You win! Best idea, EVER.

That's what I told my husband. He looked at me, laughed and walked away.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:23 pm
OP, were it not for my husband pushing and helping, I'm sure we'd be Pesadich at least until Lagb'omer. LOL But thanks to his insistence, we are always chametz-ready by the time we go to bed motzei YT.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:23 pm
Are you going to be using matza for hamotzi this Shabbos?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:24 pm
You make me feel so much better! I'm never finished changing back over Motzei Yom Tov. It took me till the next night, despite DH washing most of the dishes and shlepping all the boxes and the older kids watching the baby so I could put stuff away.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We change over the whole kitchen and it's a lot of stuff ... dishes, pots and pans, crockpot, instant pot, coffee maker, urn, disposables, and a million other things etc etc etc. (Still amazed how some people have so little and takes them like 2 hrs to finish their rumpelnacht).

Hopefully, I can have the house back to "normal" by Sunday night. I'm not holding my breath

Pray for me Wink

Me too!!

My 8 year old fell and broke his arm on the 8th night of pesach, and between the ER on Yom Tov, an orthopedist on Isru Chag and a surgery yesterday to thread a metal rod through his fractured ulna so it will heal in a straight line... I haven’t had time all week to de-Pesach at all.

It’s stressful because family members can’t stay out of the chametz cabinets, so all the pesach pots etc are still all over the kitchen (many even still unwashed... on Thursday...) but kids are eating chametzdik snacks while promising they’re “being careful”... 😑

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
OP, were it not for my husband pushing and helping, I'm sure we'd be Pesadich at least until Lagb'omer. LOL But thanks to his insistence, we are always chametz-ready by the time we go to bed motzei YT.

DH knows he's gonna be shlepping boxes this weekend. Partly my fault, he offered during week but I was too tired to deal with it after working all day. Thankfully, I will have time Motzab and Sunday to do it IYH. Good that you have a husband who pushes Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:57 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Are you going to be using matza for hamotzi this Shabbos?

I hope not! We are going to buy this week

.... otherwise it's another "pesach/matzodik" Shabbos.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:57 pm
Considering all the work that goes into kashering a kitchen for Pesach, why NOT leave it Pesachdik for another week? get your money's worth, so to speak.
I'm not baking challah till we use up more of our matzah surplus. At $20+ a pound, that hand shmurah is not going to be allowed to die of old age or kill our resident mice. .

English3

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:59 pm
It must be really hard. I just have my dining room full of Pesach stuff that needs to be stored. It's driving me crazy especially with my little ones. Is there to much work in your life what about a cleaner?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:05 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Me too!!

My 8 year old fell and broke his arm on the 8th night of pesach, and between the ER on Yom Tov, an orthopedist on Isru Chag and a surgery yesterday to thread a metal rod through his fractured ulna so it will heal in a straight line... I haven’t had time all week to de-Pesach at all.

It’s stressful because family members can’t stay out of the chametz cabinets, so all the pesach pots etc are still all over the kitchen (many even still unwashed... on Thursday...) but kids are eating chametzdik snacks while promising they’re “being careful”... 😑

OY, poor you! Refuah Shleimah to your son. That must have been horrible all around.

I know what you mean about the chametz cabinets worrying that the Pesach things will get treifed up. I keep watching DH like a hawk. LOL

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:10 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
You make me feel so much better! I'm never finished changing back over Motzei Yom Tov. It took me till the next night, despite DH washing most of the dishes and shlepping all the boxes and the older kids watching the baby so I could put stuff away.

It's a HUGE job. Especially transferring leftovers, washing all the dishes and put it all back. I always hope I can have it all done Motzei Y"T but never happens.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:13 pm
I'm GF & DH only usually eats a matzah on Shabbos (& MM). So there's really no chometz in my house yt, but DD & fam cmoing for Shabbos so we'll buy them some rolls.

I have a Pesach closet so not all that much to do but find the put away stuff (kitniyos). There's still foil on the kitchen table & half the (non-Pesach but not chometzdik) pantry that was put away is on the table waiting to be re-organized.

But I can't find the box w my pareve knife, cocoa etc that I had til the last day or so. & the napkin holder & salt & pepper from the kitchen table. DH has no memory at all of where he might have put stuff at the end. Next year we must WRITE IT DOWN!!!

When kids were home we always kept a toaster & urn in corner of dining room for those who needed their 'stuff' til the last minute (pizza, bagels, coffee etc). But one year we couldn't find the sugar bowl after Pesach. It turned up when we cleaned for Pesach TWO YEARS LATER!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Pray for me Wink

I shall pray for you immortal soul, she solemnly intones.
(And kol hakavod for being the amazing hard working responsible woman you are. As I've said, in my house, it's rumpelyear/stiltskin Cool )

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:21 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Considering all the work that goes into kashering a kitchen for Pesach, why NOT leave it Pesachdik for another week? get your money's worth, so to speak.
I'm not baking challah till we use up more of our matzah surplus. At $20+ a pound, that hand shmurah is not going to be allowed to die of old age or kill our resident mice. .

B"H we don't have a lot of matzo left but you're kind of right. I think I am just going to have DH make hamotzi over it again this Shabbos and then aim for baking challos next week. I CANNOT stand living in the "between" state of house being still KLP and trying to carefully eat chametzdik stuff now that chag is finished.

After a month of killing myself cleaning, turning over the kitchen and then cooking all week, it can wait to be turned back.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:24 pm
English3 wrote:
It must be really hard. I just have my dining room full of Pesach stuff that needs to be stored. It's driving me crazy especially with my little ones. Is there to much work in your life what about a cleaner?

English3, it is and I feel your pain. Laugh Laugh Laugh

Nah, I AM the cleaner! Besides, I'm one of those people that need to have stuff put away a certain way. If you know what I mean.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:29 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I'm GF & DH only usually eats a matzah on Shabbos (& MM). So there's really no chometz in my house yt, but DD & fam cmoing for Shabbos so we'll buy them some rolls.

I have a Pesach closet so not all that much to do but find the put away stuff (kitniyos). There's still foil on the kitchen table & half the (non-Pesach but not chometzdik) pantry that was put away is on the table waiting to be re-organized.

But I can't find the box w my pareve knife, cocoa etc that I had til the last day or so. & the napkin holder & salt & pepper from the kitchen table. DH has no memory at all of where he might have put stuff at the end. Next year we must WRITE IT DOWN!!!

When kids were home we always kept a toaster & urn in corner of dining room for those who needed their 'stuff' til the last minute (pizza, bagels, coffee etc). But one year we couldn't find the sugar bowl after Pesach. It turned up when we cleaned for Pesach TWO YEARS LATER!

LOL, at least you found it two years later! Yes, I have also started writing things down, too. So easy to lose things as you well know Very Happy .

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 5:31 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I shall pray for you immortal soul, she solemnly intones.
(And kol hakavod for being the amazing hard working responsible woman you are. As I've said, in my house, it's rumpelyear/stiltskin Cool )

Thanks for your prayers, PinkFridge. It's gonna be a fun weekend. LOL NOT.

iyar

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 6:13 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

If only for this post- Dayeinu! It would be worth spending time on imamother.
I lose at least one thing every year in the big kitchen turnover.
Of course writing things down is a great idea, but seriously you're going to write down where you put every spoon, pot, sugar bowl, knife, salt shaker, corkscrew and colander? And who can find a pen Erev Pesach?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics