Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
I want to subscribe to a kids magazine
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:16 pm
To the poster who gets her circles too late:
I live in Cleveland, and we were also getting them too late. Even though you can update the automated system do they'll send you another mag at the end of your year, my kids were frustrated because they were missing out.
Thankfully, we have a wonderful lady in the neighborhood who's the type to take initiative... And she got anyone in the neighborhood who subscribed to circle ahs wanted to join, to form a GROUP! now instead of us getting our circle in the mail on Thursday if we are lucky, it is shipped UPS and arrives at this lady's house on Monday, and a have a whole week to pick it up!!! (She keeps them in a large plastic bin with kid outside her for, so you can pickup whenever without knocking.)

Try that. It is great!

avrahamama

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
To the poster who gets her circles too late:
I live in Cleveland, and we were also getting them too late. Even though you can update the automated system do they'll send you another mag at the end of your year, my kids were frustrated because they were missing out.
Thankfully, we have a wonderful lady in the neighborhood who's the type to take initiative... And she got anyone in the neighborhood who subscribed to circle ahs wanted to join, to form a GROUP! now instead of us getting our circle in the mail on Thursday if we are lucky, it is shipped UPS and arrives at this lady's house on Monday, and a have a whole week to pick it up!!! (She keeps them in a large plastic bin with kid outside her for, so you can pickup whenever without knocking.)

Try that. It is great!

So smart! How many people does it take to form a group?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:38 pm
avrahamama wrote:
So smart! How many people does it take to form a group?

I don't know. Ask Circle. I guess it had to be kedai for them. I wonder if ten would be enough?

Also,,some ppl but it through the school and also get it ups in time.

I haven't looked at our group list recently or counted, but we are definitely over 30 families.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 4:50 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
I just want to say that this really isn’t a “major promotion”.
A few weeks before subscribing I went to their website and a yearly subscription said $185.
When I called up after seeing the promotion ad they said it’s $195 for the year + free gift OR instead of the gift I can choose to get $10 off for $185 a year.

I skipped the free gift but had a laugh at the marketing tactic.

Pretty sure there’s a Chanukah sale for $20 off $185 making it $165

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 11:02 pm
I subscribed to the spotlight magazine recently, and we're really enjoying it!
Lots to read, many interesting and diverse articles. I also get the junior and aim weekly , but the spotlight has way more material. So far happy with my choice.

Jewishmom8

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 12:33 am
can you get the circle in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:12 am
Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond,! Now I have a hard decision to make Smile
My kids love readingi wish I had the money to get all of the magazine's LOL LOL

dizzy

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 6:34 am
Ha! I remember when a subscription to spotlight was still 30 something dollars some ten years ago. Oh, how times have changed! My kids still love it tho so still a subscriber. but was funny to watch how price kept going up each year. still worth every dollar!

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 8:56 am
Ten years? I thought it's a fairly new magazine...

dizzy

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 9:15 am
Maybe not ten years, but it's definitely around for a while. I remember buying it for my dd when she was in first grade and she's in eighth now so you do the math

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 12:31 am
Here is my take:

The Hamida, Binah, Mishpacha, and Ami all have a kids magazine, I like the mishpacha Jr. best. I would not recommend you buy any unless someone will read the other magazines to, I heard that the Hamida and Binah will sell just the kids magazine but I do not think it is worth the money.

If you are looking just for Comics, I would recommend the Marshmallow over Comics because the Marshmallow story's began and end in the same magazine the Comics are all to be continued.

When I saw Mendy and the Golem in the store I was like I remember this from when I was a kid, when I brought it I saw that it was the same magazine, they must have sat in some warehouse for years and now are reselling them.

I liked the Kidalingo(English) when it came out once a week and was the same as the Yiddish, now it comes out once a month and there is nothing in there, every time I buy it I am what am I paying for.

I find that the Circle and the spotlight have something for all ages, my kids will read it and reread them- they don't like that the spotlight comes out once a month.

The WOW magazine is a Science magazine with a few pages of Comics and jokes, my kids do like it.

Did I leave any out?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:53 am
You did your homework well! LOL
Are you subscribed to all? Can you share the prices for subscriptions too?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room