Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Frum things that tear at your heartstrings.
1  2  3  Next

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 3:40 am
For whatever reason, every single time I see a man in a tallis in shul (for example during davening on a Yom tov), or when I read about an elderly man in tallis walking up to the bimah in shul in a book, or when I remember the second rosh hashonah of my sons life when he was under the tallis during birkas kohanim, I get unusually teary and emotional. I have tears in my eyes right now. ARGH.
I actually ugly cried seeing my son being held under a tallis that day. 😂
I also cried when my son’s cries filled the entire shul at his bris. One part cried for his pain. But overall I cried cuz this was my FIRST ever born, now Jewish child. I’ve only been to one bris before my son was born and I cried that time too 🙈🙈
It also happens when a new shul receives a new Torah, when the people are singing around the chuppah. I forgot the Hebrew word for it.

But weirdly enough I don’t cry when I light shabbos candles cuz usually my son is pulling at my robe demanding food or to have a playmate RIGHT NOW.

What are some things frum people do that tear at your heartstrings?

By the way I don’t want these intense feelings to go away. But sadly I know they will. Sad

gonewiththewind1

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 3:50 am

Last edited by gonewiththewind1 on Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 3:52 am
YES!!! omg. Forgot about simchas Torah

mochamix18

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 4:21 am
Simchas Torah hakafos, kol hanaarim on Simchas Torah, bedeken at a wedding, Yamim Noraim davening.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 8:42 am
Chuppa

vicki

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:04 am
Every wedding ever. Except for my own children's interestingly. Maybe I was too busy.
A baby boy's brit. Funerals but not only for the obvious reason. I always think of the pasuk
דור הולך ודור בא והארץ לעולם עומדת from kohelet.
B"h I have younger children and married children and grandchildren and as I get older, I think of our life cycle more and more. I feel such an incredible zechut that I was born Jewish.

Last edited by vicki on Sun, Apr 11 2021, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:13 am
Certain stories. Like Rabbi Chaim Shmulevitz, zt"l, seeing a pair of a baby's first shoes and being so moved by the thought of the mother's joy.
The famous story of Rabbi Grossman shlita of Migdal Ha'Emek and the army furlough (google it, it';s on Aish).

sequoia

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:16 am
Men davening in an airport.

singleagain

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:19 am
Blessing the children Friday night.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:19 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Chuppa

Chuppa, every time. Sometimes I’m the only one crying. I don’t even have to know the chassan and kallah and I still cry.

windchime

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:28 am
The Tefilos of YK.

keym

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:28 am
Kol Hanearim. Every single time.
Also Simchas Torah as they finish the Torah and say Chazak Chazak Vnischazeik.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:35 am
After crying during kol nearim during years of infertility...I now still cry Bec I was finally blessed with my 2 kids.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:38 am
Hachnonas sefer torah. It gets me each time

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:45 am
My husband singing Vezakeini with his father. Especially the first time after I've produced a new grandchild.

cmother

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:51 am
Chumish Seuda of the 5 year old Malachim.
Hearing them sing with such purity and innocence

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:55 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Chuppa, every time. Sometimes I’m the only one crying. I don’t even have to know the chassan and kallah and I still cry.

Me too.
But actually I cry at the bedekin, not the chuppah. I have been to my husband’s coworker’s kid’s wedding where I have literally never met anyone-the only person I know is my DH (and I made fast acquaintances with another co-worker wife) and I still cry at the bedekin. What is going to happen at my kids’ wedding?

Einikel

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:59 am
My father bentching on erev Yom Kippur.

corolla

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 12:02 pm
Einikel wrote:
My father bentching on erev Yom Kippur.
\
I'm Chabad and our minhag is that this is the only time when fathers bentch their children (as opposed to every Friday night) and yeah, it's really beautiful.

vicki

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 12:59 pm
corolla wrote:
\
I'm Chabad and our minhag is that this is the only time when fathers bentch their children (as opposed to every Friday night) and yeah, it's really beautiful.

Same. My father only bentched me on Erev Yom Kippur. My father is now (ad 120) very old and cannot always remember the words and I live far away but I always end our pre-yom tov phone call with a request for a bracha and sometimes we say it together. Crying
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics