Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best travel stroller for 2 year old?
1  2  Next

benny

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 12:59 pm
I’m looking to get a travel stroller for my 2 year old for the summer. I will be traveling a lot, be on and off public transportation and also at the beach. I was looking Into the yo-yo a bit but wondering if there are any less expensive recommendations for my needs? I would love something lightweight that folds open and closed quickly and easily, a decent basket for all the kids drinks and snacks. Small in size so I can hold it easily getting on and off busses and trains. Thanks!

Einikel

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 1:12 pm
I don’t have it but from what I’ve seen the Uppababy minu seems like a great choice.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 1:15 pm
I got a great travel stroller from target about 3 years ago- it has a child and parent tray, a good size (but not full) good, a good basket underneath with access from the front and back....it was all of $40.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 1:18 pm
I’m happy with the minu, or the city mini.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 1:19 pm
I personally find the City mini very easy to travel with

benny

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:24 pm
Thanks

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:25 pm
Mountain Buggy Nano.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:39 pm
Imo the yo-yo is worth its price tag. Best part is that it folds so easily and fits in the overhead compartment.

It’s also a good stroller for every day use.

The new model has a big basket.

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:39 pm
I’m obsessed with my uppa baby minu. It’s a lot more comfortable then the yo-yo and has a pretty nice sized basket.

bsy

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:42 pm
Baby jogger city tour

MySpace

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:47 pm
I have the city tour. I find it to be worth its money. Feels sturdier that the yoyo and its very smooth.

naomi2

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:00 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I got a great travel stroller from target about 3 years ago- it has a child and parent tray, a good size (but not full) good, a good basket underneath with access from the front and back....it was all of $40.

Same but I got from Walmart. It's a Kolcraft

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:04 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I’m obsessed with my uppa baby minu. It’s a lot more comfortable then the yo-yo and has a pretty nice sized basket.

Me too

kenz

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:12 pm
I recently got a Diono Traverze as a less expensive alternative to the Yoyo. It folds up really nicely and is a very smooth ride. The one disadvantage I see compared to the yoyo is the seat is pretty shallow, but I bought a small, flat pillow to put at the top of the seat so my toddler could lean back more comfortably and it worked out really well. It was about $150 so significantly cheaper than the yoyo and a similar type of fold and carry, though not quite as small.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:19 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Same but I got from Walmart. It's a Kolcraft

You’re right, it was Walmart!!!
Serious question: do people really spend hundreds of dollars on a travel stroller? That’s how much I spend on my full time stroller!! (Well, actually, I bought my stroller used for $100- my friend was selling a bugaboo!!) The most I’ve ever spent on a stroller was $300 or $400 (I don’t remember which) and I wasn’t even happy with the stroller.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:32 pm
I'm pretty happy with the Citi Tour. Just don't love that it doesn't sit upright all the way

naomi2

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:33 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Serious question: do people really spend hundreds of dollars on a travel stroller? That’s how much I spend on my full time stroller!! (Well, actually, I bought my stroller used for $100- my friend was selling a bugaboo!!) The most I’ve ever spent on a stroller was $300 or $400 (I don’t remember which) and I wasn’t even happy with the stroller.

I have a uppababy Cruz as well but alot of times it's easier to use the kolcraft. It has a tray and reclines pretty far, has a big basket and a pretty large sun cover. It wheels smoothly, is lightweight and folds and unfolds easily. Also of you are going to the beach you want a cheap one so you don't have to worry about ruining an expensive stroller by exposing the mechanisms to sand

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:51 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I have a uppababy Cruz as well but alot of times it's easier to use the kolcraft. It has a tray and reclines pretty far, has a big basket and a pretty large sun cover. It wheels smoothly, is lightweight and folds and unfolds easily. Also of you are going to the beach you want a cheap one so you don't have to worry about ruining an expensive stroller by exposing the mechanisms to sand

I wasn’t referring to you, you have the same stroller I have. The others strollers mentioned here are $300+
I’m just wondering if people consider that a cheap stroller. Not judging at all, and use all your strollers well, however much they cost!! I’m just curious.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:05 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

Full disclosure, my Yoyo was a gift. However, I use it way more often than my full size stroller, so it might be worth the price...

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:12 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Full disclosure, my Yoyo was a gift. However, I use it way more often than my full size stroller, so it might be worth the price...

Enjoy :-)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics