Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 28  29  30  Next

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:38 pm
BEEDEE0427 wrote:
Im moving from Brooklyn to Lakewood and want to apply for next year for a high school- my daughter will be in 11th grade. Is it super late now? Thinking Bais Leah will be suitable, but is it very hard to get in? Any other schools that are similar to Bais Leah that I can even try?
I hear it can be impossible..

I don’t think Bais leah is hard to get into if that’s your type. My neighbor went for an interview 2 weeks ago and already received her acceptance letter. I think the strictly chassidish high schools are run a little different.
But you really can’t move here before you find schools for all of your children. In general with so many people from Brooklyn moving to Lakewood, getting everyone into appropriate schools has become a problem. Apply asap!

BEEDEE0427

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I don’t think Bais leah is hard to get into if that’s your type. My neighbor went for an interview 2 weeks ago and already received her acceptance letter. I think the strictly chassidish high schools are run a little different.
But you really can’t move here before you find schools for all of your children. In general with so many people from Brooklyn moving to Lakewood, getting everyone into appropriate schools has become a problem. Apply asap!

Yes too many people moving. I dont blame them for not accepting. Thanks for your input

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 5:00 pm
When are the school sending out acceptance letters?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 5:02 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

Last year, it was after Shavuos.

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 9:56 am

Anyone heard an updated timeline for this year?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 12:14 pm
Any updates on acceptance letters?

small bean

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 2:35 pm
Any updates on acceptance letters?

I guess no one knows. I'm also curious.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:32 pm
I don’t have a daughter in 8th grade this year but I think that they are letting the schools know who is not in yet so parents can try to figure it out before acceptance letters go out.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 6:27 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I don’t have a daughter in 8th grade this year but I think that they are letting the schools know who is not in yet so parents can try to figure it out before acceptance letters go out.

So if you are not told that your daughter does not have a high School she is accepted some were?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 6:33 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
So if you are not told that your daughter does not have a high School she is accepted some were?

Thats not how it works. Parents don't find out until acceptance letters go out. At this point the schools are getting names and submitting them to the Vaad so they can make sure as many girls as possible get at least one acceptance letter the first time around. If you don't receive a letter then your dd isn't accepted anywhere and she'll most likely get in the second round (disappointing but tell her not to worry). Just call the Vaad and put pressure at that point.

If you're moving here for the first time, don't be surprised if your dd doesn't get in. (Bais Leah you should offer money. He operates outside the Vaad and that's been proven the most effective.)

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 6:35 pm
They are working differently this year. I know 2 parents who got told to start pushing. Why don’t you call your daughters principal. Hopefully that means she is in somewhere.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 6:40 pm
following...

small bean

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:20 pm
I don't think the principals want everyone calling. That would be insane for them.

People who were told to push, the schools probably know they wont get in anywhere for whatever reason.

Last year answers went out in June even though schools were ready before then. I'm assuming same this year.

My fathers chavrusa is part of the vaad. I will ask him to ask for me

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:27 pm
I also know someone who was told by her school principal that her daughter did not get into any of the schools they applied to. They have pull by one of the schools, but hadn't applied it because they preferred another school that they hoped to get into. Now they were told to try to use their pull. The goal seems to be to get every girl into at least one school.

So it seems round one is kind of a silent round one...no letters, just communication from school to parents.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:39 pm
So if I didn’t hear from my daughters principal I can assume my daughter is in a school???

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So if I didn’t hear from my daughters principal I can assume my daughter is in a school???

Don't know. Only know about the one school, no idea if everyone is operating this way.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You should be in touch with your schools principal and ask if she thinks it’s necessary to push...the principals know in advance who is not on yet. That’s how it’s been the last while.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:53 pm
Yes! call your daughters principal. I was applying lots of pressure to a certain school, and her principal told me that my next choice after that was interested and if I am willing to send there she can push me right in. (and the one I'm pressuring I prob won't get into since she knows whats going on there this yr) so thats what I chose to do, my daughter doesn't know, but at least I'm calm knowing that she's not going to be rejected from all and is getting into one of the high schools of our choice.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:12 pm
This sounds like a nightmare for a girl who is a mediocre student who has no older sisters. I’m dreading what will happen to my daughter next year...
(Which is why I’ve been following this- really hoping for some guidance...)

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:07 pm
whatever happened to Tehilas Bais Yaakov or something like that? Is Rabbi Bernfeld not opening the school in the end?
Page 9 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries