Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Open MRI in Flatbush

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 8:04 pm
I need to have an MRI, and I am claustrophobic.

Do you have a recommendation for a place that does open MRIs, preferably in the Kings Highway/lower numbers area?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:54 pm
Anyone?

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:56 pm
I had it done on 38th street and 14th avenue in Boro Park. Ask your dr if they can advise you where to find one closer to you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:58 pm
bnm wrote:
I had it done on 38th street and 14th avenue in Boro Park. Ask your dr if they can advise you where to find one closer to you.

Was planning on doing that, but thanks for the recommendation in case I can't find one. Which place is that?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:02 pm
open MRI are not as good as the regular ones. It may be better to take a medication for anxiety before the MRI and get a closed MRI. Ask your doctor for a prescription.

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Was planning on doing that, but thanks for the recommendation in case I can't find one. Which place is that?

Bay Ridge Medical Imaging P.C. BRMI
Address: 3802 14th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11218
Hours:
Closes soon ⋅ 11PM ⋅ Opens 7AM Mon
Phone: (718) 854-5400

They have a few locations.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:21 pm
I have also got it done at the 38th and 14th ave location. I know there is a branch of Bay ridge medical imagining in Flatbush- on Coney Island near ave P. But I'm not so sure if they have open MRI. Give them a call.
Good luck!

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 10:31 pm
Complete Radiology PC
3852 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11235

(718) 743-2300

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:50 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
open MRI are not as good as the regular ones. It may be better to take a medication for anxiety before the MRI and get a closed MRI. Ask your doctor for a prescription.

Hmm, I don't believe I asked for the advice- but since it was unsolicited, I'll return with the fact that I am on anxiety medication. Not the type of thing that works well for claustrophobia. I've never had much of an issue with it, but I can't imagine doing a regular MRI for 40 minutes in a narrow tube without moving.

Additionally, the MRI is just precautionary rather than looking for deeper diagnosis, so I'm not all that concerned.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:32 pm
Op where did you end up going? I need an mri and am really anxious about it? Is an open mri standing or sitting, and is it all open or closed on sides?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries