Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Non citizen getting in to Israel

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:19 pm
My parents are trying to get in to Israel for my niece's wedding. The rules keep changing every day. Any suggestion as to whom they can speak to, to help them through the process. No matter how tech savvy I am- I am just not able to figure this out...

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:21 pm
Chaim vchesed or amudim

Elfrida

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:30 pm
At the moment you have to have a first degree relative who is a citizen. And it helps if you are vaccinated.

Is your niece your parents grandchild? Grandparents are not currently being permitted.

On the other hand, if your niece's parents, who should be your siblings and your parents children (first degree relatives) have made aliya, then they would be able to get a permit to visit their children. If your niece made aliya alone her parents would be able to come, but not her grandparents.

If you live in Israel, they could also get a permit to come and visit you, coinciding with time of the wedding.

I think the person living in Israel has to apply for the permit, and submit documentation proving the first degree relationship. Most people who apply correctly are able to get permits.

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:36 pm
Elfrida wrote:
At the moment you have to have a first degree relative who is a citizen. And it helps if you are vaccinated.

Is your niece your parents grandchild? Grandparents are not currently being permitted.

On the other hand, if your niece's parents, who should be your siblings and your parents children (first degree relatives) have made aliya, then they would be able to get a permit to visit their children. If your niece made aliya alone her parents would be able to come, but not her grandparents.

If you live in Israel, they could also get a permit to come and visit you, coinciding with time of the wedding.

I think the person living in Israel has to apply for the permit, and submit documentation proving the first degree relationship. Most people who apply correctly are able to get permits.

So my sister (the kallah's mother) needs to do the leg work for my parents? (My sister made aliyah)

essie14

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:05 pm
eema1 wrote:
So my sister (the kallah's mother) needs to do the leg work for my parents? (My sister made aliyah)

Yes

Teomima

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:56 pm
But keep in mind they're still required to quarantine, so even if they can get permission to come in they need to plan to come early enough that they can complete quarantine before the simcha.

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:20 am
Teomima wrote:
But keep in mind they're still required to quarantine, so even if they can get permission to come in they need to plan to come early enough that they can complete quarantine before the simcha.

As I understand it, if they are vaccinated, they only need to quarantine until they receive the results of the covid test that they take upon arrival (assuming the result is negative).

Can someone verify that this is correct?

chicco

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:23 am
DrMom wrote:
As I understand it, if they are vaccinated, they only need to quarantine until they receive the results of the covid test that they take upon arrival (assuming the result is negative).

Can someone verify that this is correct?

An antibody test.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:47 am
They need to quarantine until they receive the results of their antibody test. As far as I know they can leave bidud to take the antibody test but it must be done in a specific center, as they aren't citizens they can't just go to a kupah. I believe sharei tzedek hospital can do it for them but I'm not sure

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:50 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
They need to quarantine until they receive the results of their antibody test. As far as I know they can leave bidud to take the antibody test but it must be done in a specific center, as they aren't citizens they can't just go to a kupah. I believe sharei tzedek hospital can do it for them but I'm not sure

I thought I heard discussions about administering covid tests at the airport (they were even debating administering tests on the plane).

Is this not happening?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:15 am
DrMom wrote:
I thought I heard discussions about administering covid tests at the airport (they were even debating administering tests on the plane).

Is this not happening?

It is happening. They need the airport test to be negative, and the antibody test to be positive, and then you're out.

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:35 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
It is happening. They need the airport test to be negative, and the antibody test to be positive, and then you're out.

Ah, got it.

twizzlers1

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 2:48 am
I'm so confused I thought the person visiting had to apply. My in-laws would like to come but we are on the student visa. Why does this have to be so difficult.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 3:30 am
twizzlers1 wrote:
I'm so confused I thought the person visiting had to apply. My in-laws would like to come but we are on the student visa. Why does this have to be so difficult.

They should reach out to the israeli embassy near them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions