Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
S/o dont want the vaccine - johnson and johnson
1  2  3  4  Next

HakarasHatov

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:06 am
I also Don’t want the vaccine due to it being new technology. But does anyone know about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. From my Impression it seems like a flu vaccine (not new mRNA technology and less effective than the new technology).

Can anyone enlighten me?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:10 am
It’s made out of different stuff. The J&J uses a dead version of sars-cov-2, just like regular vaccines. What’s your question, again?

HakarasHatov

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:19 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It’s made out of different stuff. The J&J uses a dead version of sars-cov-2, just like regular vaccines. What’s your question, again?

My question is vague, I want info about the johnson and johnson vaccine so I can decide how I feel about getting it.

Is it traditional vaccine technology or new and experimental?

How effective is it?

Do they also have a deal that you can not sue if something goes wrong?

How effective is it?

How long does it last? Just 3 months, a year?

Etc.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:26 am
HakarasHatov wrote:
My question is vague, I want info about the johnson and johnson vaccine so I can decide how I feel about getting it.

Is it traditional vaccine technology or new and experimental?

How effective is it?

How effective is it?

How long does it last? Just 3 months, a year?

Etc.

It’s traditional technology, but since Covid is a brand new thing, this vaccine is also brand new. It passed phase three, so it’s not technically experimental, but it is because of the circumstances.
What do you mean by “effective”? Preventing you from getting infected, or preventing you from dying? I’m not sure about the former (maybe 75%...?), but it’s 100% effective in preventing you from dying from Covid in case you catch it.
Idk about the rest.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:21 am
All I know is that they had to dump 15 million JJ vaccines last week because there was something wrong in them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:24 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
All I know is that they had to dump 15 million JJ vaccines last week because there was something wrong in them.

Yes, I heard that too. As well as the center in CA that was administering them closed a few hours early after too many reactions and sent the rest of the appoinments home without.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:30 am
Its only 66% effective vs. The others are in the 90% percentile effective. It has caused blood clots in some.

The mrna technology is in fact not new. It has been used for years in cancer treatment

HakarasHatov

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:33 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Its only 66% effective vs. The others are in the 90% percentile effective. It has caused blood clots in some.

The mrna technology is in fact not new. It has been used for years in cancer treatment

Is it a mainstream cancer treatment, or only used it only used in certain circumstances.

If I had cancer, I probably wouldn’t think to much about mRNA treatment.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:13 am
HakarasHatov wrote:

Since the creation of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, no vaccine company can be sued if something goes wrong with any vaccine, new or old.

naomi2

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:27 am
Fyi, the us has stopped giving Johnson and Johnson as of this morning because it can cause a clotting disorder. Astra zeneca never made it to the us for the same reason. Do alot of research before taking any experimental vaccine or drug!

Laiya

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:02 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It’s traditional technology, but since Covid is a brand new thing, this vaccine is also brand new. It passed phase three, so it’s not technically experimental, but it is because of the circumstances.
What do you mean by “effective”? Preventing you from getting infected, or preventing you from dying? I’m not sure about the former (maybe 75%...?), but it’s 100% effective in preventing you from dying from Covid in case you catch it.
Idk about the rest.

Ftr NONE of the covid vaccines completed phase 3.

Both JNJ and AZ use similar DNA mechanism which is different than the mRNA. None use the standard vaccine technology.

HakarasHatov

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:06 am
Laiya wrote:

Both JNJ and AZ use similar DNA mechanism which is different than the mRNA. None use the standard vaccine technology.
what is the standard vaccine technology how does it differ from dna

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:22 am
My friend that lives in Colorado took the J and J vaccine and got really sick after. They recalled it in three states the day she got it and now it’s on hold period.....

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:25 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine has always shown 66% effective rate versus Pfizer and Moderna which are both much higher (I've heard over 95% effective?).

It also uses old, regular technology - similar to the flu vaccine - so yeah, not sure why everyone is so nervous about the new technology. It's not like the old vaccines were wonder drugs for anyone's health.

rmbg

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:29 am
But those of us who are fearful are all just conspiracy theorists, right?!?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:29 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
The Johnson and Johnson vaccine has always shown 66% effective rate versus Pfizer and Moderna which are both much higher (I've heard over 95% effective?).

It also uses old, regular technology - similar to the flu vaccine - so yeah, not sure why everyone is so nervous about the new technology. It's not like the old vaccines were wonder drugs for anyone's health.

For anyone interested, Rav Chaim Kanievsky shlita has said to take only the Pfizer.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
For anyone interested, Rav Chaim Kanievsky shlita has said to take only the Pfizer.

No one in the world can guarantee which is safe, if at all. YOU are the research group.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
No one in the world can guarantee which is safe, if at all. YOU are the research group.

We were already the research group for Covid-19. I didn't like the results at all, so no thanks for that one either.

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:37 am
Laiya wrote:

Do you have sources for these claims? All summer and fall I kept reading the Pfizer and Moderna were in phase 3 of their trials, and after the results came out so positive, they applied for FDA approval which they received. Where did you see that there was no phase 3?

Also, I've read that JNJ uses a traditional virus approach of using a small amount of dead virus, nothing to do with DNA. Do you have a source for your assertion about this?

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:46 am
flowerpower wrote:
My friend that lives in Colorado took the J and J vaccine and got really sick after. They recalled it in three states the day she got it and now it’s on hold period.....

People get sick after taking vaccines all the time. The US government has a fund to pay for damages for vaccine injuries, and quite a large amount is paid out annually. Considering that only a tiny amount of people who were harmed by vaccines actually report it, and considering that they don't find everyone eligible for damages, we can deduce that there are an awful lot of people who do get hurt - some of them really badly - by traditional vaccines.

For those of us who are aware of this and still give vaccines to our children - we are weighing the cost/benefit ratio and we decided that the risk of vaccine injury is much smaller than the risk of injury from the diseases themselves.

This vaccine is just like the others in that way.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics