Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine help for newborn
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 8:14 pm
sarahmalka wrote:
I'm glad you're switching doctors, that kind of disrespect you felt is uncalled for and unnecessary. Also by the guidelines of his own professional association (AAP) pediatricians are not supposed to fire patients for not vaccinating. I have a few suggestions for finding a practice that is a better fit. One, family practice doctors tend to be more open-minded than pediatricians, so don't limit yourself to pediatricians to care for your children. Two, look for holistic moms groups in your region, I'm sure there's plenty online, whether it's a mothering.com type website, or Holistic Moms Network, or search up local groups on Facebook. There's all sorts of chatter in these types of groups about which doctors are the best for alternative schedules based on individual situations. HTH!

Great idea! Thank you so much

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 25 2021, 8:30 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
My son was born at 31 weeks and my daughter at 35. Both with no long term affects from vaccines and I did a lot of research.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:27 pm
I've been down the rabbit hole of instagram reading and listening to stories of vaccine injured kids and it breaks my heart.

came across these brave women speaking the truth.

@merrygolden_

@holistic.allie @ authentically.julie @she.does.care

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've been down the rabbit hole of instagram reading and listening to stories of vaccine injured kids and it breaks my heart.

came across these brave women speaking the truth.

@merrygolden_

@holistic.allie @ authentically.julie @she.does.care

Circleofmamas2.0 or 3.0 (the first got deleted by Instagram)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Circleofmamas2.0 or 3.0 (the first got deleted by Instagram)

yes I found them too

is it normal im scared to not.
I cant go both ways I need to make a decision. my babys 4 month well visit is coming up.

I can say "this wont happen to my baby" but look at all these vaccine injured kids

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 6:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yes I found them too

I cant go both ways I need to make a decision. my babys 4 month well visit is coming up.

I can say "this wont happen to my baby" but look at all these vaccine injured kids

You don't need to make a decision until you start school. Zero reason a 4 month old needs a shot. If the ped won't let you skip, find a new office.

And you can also just skip the well visits. I never took any of my 3 for well visits. Annual checkup, come in when they're sick, otherwise I found no reason to expose them to germs just to weigh them. I know they're growing if they outgrow their clothing.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 6:28 pm
I only read the first and last pages.

I used to be hesitant about vaccinating. When my oldest was born I spoke to a doctor who understood my concerns and told me that my baby wasn’t at huge risk and I could delay until a year if I wanted, after which point the immune system is pretty well developed and I didn’t need to be so worried about the vaccines.

At 22 months, when we were not yet caught up, she developed a pneumococcal infection. She was hospitalized for ten days and on antibiotics for six weeks after that. BH she made a full recovery but I took that as a smack upside the head from Hashem, and my other kids are fully vaccinated, on time.

If it’s relevant, we nurse too, up to 3.5 years has been my longest, and hoping also to nurse my current baby (seven months old) until at least 2.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:30 pm
You don't need to make a decision until you start school. Zero reason a 4 month old needs a shot. If the ped won't let you skip, find a new office.

And you can also just skip the well visits. I never took any of my 3 for well visits. Annual checkup, come in when they're sick, otherwise I found no reason to expose them to germs just to weigh them. I know they're growing if they outgrow their clothing.

Thanks pumpkin. I have to make the decision now bc the doctor told me we're not welcome in his practice if I want to "delay" the vaccines.

Now I'm nervous and I have a follow up q for u... for ex: my baby had thrush and needed antibiotics for it. if shes kicked out of this practice, who would prescribe it for me? where do you take your kids when they're sick?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks pumpkin. I have to make the decision now bc the doctor told me we're not welcome in his practice if I want to "delay" the vaccines.

Now I'm nervous and I have a follow up q for u... for ex: my baby had thrush and needed antibiotics for it. if shes kicked out of this practice, who would prescribe it for me? where do you take your kids when they're sick?

I would find another doctor bc I'm not being pressured to make a big decision right now. Maybe you'll decide to give it, fine. It should be on your own terms and without pressure. May I remind you that as your insurance pays the doctor, you are HIS employer and can walk away from his practice without guilt. There's only a million more doctors in any city to go to.

I would go to an urgent care clinic or another practice. I've even used the ER while living between states / insurances, just to confirm it was rsv. Ideal or long term plan, no, but how often do my kids get sick anyways. For a thrush abx which btw you might find a natural remedy or over the counter that works (idk offhand re thrush) I would not rush into a huge decision like shots. Do not make any decision from bullying which is exactly what this is.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:38 am
Deleted - I think I misread something

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 11:13 am
op, I hope your dr didn't give you abx for thrush, you need an antifungal med

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:31 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Pediarix is a combination of three shots for five diseases: DTaP, Hep B, and IPV (polio). Your baby essentially got four shots. Rotavirus isn't even mandated for school (at least where I live) so that was unnecessary.

I don't want to make you feel bad about what was already done. I want you to know that you need to be better informed so that you can advocate for you child. You need to stay confident with whatever decision you make, whether it's one at a time or none at all. You are the mother and you get to decide.

I don't know your doctor, but mine has no issue with a well visit without vaccinations. I don't want to miss out on a relationship with a doctor ch"v in case my child does need medical care. But when I am asked about shots, I just say: "Not today." and repeat as necessary. They cannot give shots if you don't give them permission to.

still no luck finding a doctor near me
any suggestions?

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 7:41 pm
OP I think I can connect you with people in your area. Feel free to PM me. Much hatzlacha!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:15 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
My son was born at 31 weeks and my daughter at 35. Both with no long term affects from vaccines and I did a lot of research.

Is that a large enough sample size to say that it's now safe for all premies? Rhetorical question.

Just because my kids, premies, have peanut allergies, that doesn't mean they aren't safe for all premies

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:31 pm
I will start by saying I am provax and have always vaccinated my children on schedule.
I'm not here to tell you what to do.
But keep in mind that where your baby is should definitely be part of the decision.
If your baby is by a babysitter and there are other children there take into account what germs or diseases those other kids can be bringing with them and passing on to your baby.
Pertussis is not necessarily a risk for a baby home with mom that goes on the occasional outing to the grocery store.
It is a much bigger risk being at a babysitter with other children. Even if they are all infants. If any of those infants has a sibling in school that infant is carrying germs.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 9:15 pm

Terrible horrible advice. Sorry.

I can't even tell you how many children we helped because we noticed issues on their well visits. No, a mom does not know everything. BH your children were healthy. Not having a regular pediatrician to follow your child's illnesses and growth can potentially risk your child's well being.

Zero reason a 4 month old needs a shot? Really?? I know a 7 month old unvaccinated infant who developed pneumococcal meningitis and is now deaf and has seizures. No reason, you would say? Totally preventable.

OP, why don't you vaccinate at a slower pace if that makes you more comfortable.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:02 pm
All of my kids were born healthy. The ones who were vaccinated on schedule are still perfectly healthy bh. The one who wasn't vaccinated has a host of medical issues. Not because they weren't vaccinated, but I'm just posting to say that vaccines don't always cause the issues.
Regarding all those who are saying pertussis isn't something to worry about, when my youngest was 7ish weeks old, she developed a terrible cough, breathing issues, etc. When I took her to the pediatrician, he told me that just the day before he had to send a young baby to the hospital because they developed pertussis, and the child crashed in the ambulance, they were barely able to resuscitate him/her.
So you have to decide which risk you want to take.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yes I found them too

'You can always decide later. Cannot undo what is done'
Wait until you are comfortable with a decision and then act on whichever.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We weren't happy with our Dr and just went to an urgent care we like, as needed. Bh not often . Most of the time ailments are self treatable

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 10:18 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Terrible horrible advice. Sorry.

I can't even tell you how many children we helped because we noticed issues on their well visits. No, a mom does not know everything. BH your children were healthy. Not having a regular pediatrician to follow your child's illnesses and growth can potentially risk your child's well being.

Zero reason a 4 month old needs a shot? Really?? I know a 7 month old unvaccinated infant who developed pneumococcal meningitis and is now deaf and has seizures. No reason, you would say? Totally preventable.

OP, why don't you vaccinate at a slower pace if that makes you more comfortable.

Wow what a harsh tone.
Look how many infants are totally fine without vaccines at that age? Much more healthier than not.
Now let's switch up what you basically said. 'go vaccinate baby bc 1 in how many chances of contraction a TREATABLE disease.
Now, what about the 1:36 with autism, of whom many have been vax injured? (Many times Untreatable. SIDS isn't treatable either) That number is less important?
I don't want to hear about it being a hoax or not. Having 2 immediate family members with severe autism post vaccination doesn't lie.

I challenge you to find me SIDS cases of babies who were not post recent vaccines. 90+% of those cases sadly are from that
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics